Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

Free track IR4

I realised I throw away a lot of old hardware, just bought a track ir5 the old one works perfectly except part of the clip is held together with blue tack (stepped on it after a night out) works perfectly so pm me if you want it. It's not something you can throw away or give to a mate, hopefully someone can enjoy it flying the PMDG aircraft like I have been over the past 4 years.Cheers

Rob Prest

i can't send you any pm's your inbox is full? anyway i wanna have it how much you want for it?

Check your pm dude, I'm out so give it a while, it's free just postage.

Rob Prest

Aww man, I'm too late lol. Good to see that some people are really nice on this site.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

That didn't take long at all! blink.gif

i can't send you any pm's your inbox is full? anyway i wanna have it how much you want for it?
Dat is zuur, ik woon niet ver van je vandaan (A)- Oke, I missed my change! Noo! :(

Whats a IR4?
TrackIR is an infrared tracking device you wear for use in the VC. As you move your head it pans the view to match, meaning no more assigning views to hat-switches. I have the TrackIR 5 & love it. I'd only go back to 2D panels if it breaks & I'm still waiting on a replacement. Makes quick button presses on various panels or glancing out the side when taxiing very easy and natural.http://naturalpoint.com/

Just curious...Is there a significant difference between track Ir 4 and track ir 5. I have 4 and have been very happy with it but it can be a bit quirky. Wondering if an upgrade is worthwhile.Thanks.

Steve Giblin

TrackIR is an infrared tracking device you wear for use in the VC. As you move your head it pans the view to match, meaning no more assigning views to hat-switches. I have the TrackIR 5 & love it. I'd only go back to 2D panels if it breaks & I'm still waiting on a replacement. Makes quick button presses on various panels or glancing out the side when taxiing very easy and natural.http://naturalpoint.com/
Thanks

Once you use the TrackIR, you will refuse to go back to 2d panels. Just recently I lost my track IR 4 clip (the one you put on the rim of your baseball cap) and had to order a replacement clip. I went through FSX withdrawal for about a week, as I am so used to the freedom of head tracking in the VC that the TrackIR allows. I can't even get myself to use the hat switch,so I just waited until the replacement arrived this past Tuesday.

TrackIR is worth the $. Save 20 a week and before you know it you'll have it. Once you figure it out and get it fine tuned, you won't fly without it. I can say without a doubt that I haven't flown once without my TIR5 after plugging it in to the PC.. :biggrin:Congrats to Johan, you will enjoy it.

TrackIR is worth the $. Save 20 a week and before you know it you'll have it. Once you figure it out and get it fine tuned, you won't fly without it. I can say without a doubt that I haven't flown once without my TIR5 after plugging it in to the PC.. :biggrin:Congrats to Johan, you will enjoy it.
Yeah, that's the trick & I suspect also the cause of most dissatisfaction. You have to experiment with the profile & fine tune the settings to suit your needs. I slowed mine down a lot. 45 degrees of real head movement is worth roughly 90 degrees shift in the VC for me. It also helps to find just the right zero point so you can lean/look at all your panels & see the switches you're looking for. That can take some time as well.