Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

Free track IR4

Yeah, that's the trick & I suspect also the cause of most dissatisfaction. You have to experiment with the profile & fine tune the settings to suit your needs. I slowed mine down a lot. 45 degrees of real head movement is worth roughly 90 degrees shift in the VC for me. It also helps to find just the right zero point so you can lean/look at all your panels & see the switches you're looking for. That can take some time as well.
I forgot to mention that I'm also using the TrackClipPro, do you have this as well or the TrackClip? I reset the zero point all the time during flights. Mine is so easy to get going, I get the camera in the right spot, a little left of center top of LCD (TCP is clipped on the left side of my headset). Once TrackIR app is running, I reset the center (F12) then switch to the camera view and adjust the TrackClipPro until my range of motion is perfect. Reset once more and I'm ready to fly. Only takes a few seconds. The profile didn't take much tweaking at all. All I know is that the TrackClipPro came highly recommended and I think I see why if my assumption is correct.Can anyone here provide a small comparison review of the different TrackIR clips, my TIR5 and TCPro is my first and only TIR?

I forgot to mention that I'm also using the TrackClipPro, do you have this as well or the TrackClip? I reset the zero point all the time during flights. Mine is so easy to get going, I get the camera in the right spot, a little left of center top of LCD (TCP is clipped on the left side of my headset). Once TrackIR app is running, I reset the center (F12) then switch to the camera view and adjust the TrackClipPro until my range of motion is perfect. Reset once more and I'm ready to fly. Only takes a few seconds. The profile didn't take much tweaking at all. All I know is that the TrackClipPro came highly recommended and I think I see why if my assumption is correct.Can anyone here provide a small comparison review of the different TrackIR clips, my TIR5 and TCPro is my first and only TIR?
TCPro is the one that clips onto a headset, right? I don't have that, still using the basic reflectors clipped onto the bill of a ball cap.

Jon, is the Pro clip worth it? I used to have a TIR5, but sold it because the receiver kept losing sight of the clip. (if that makes sense) Would the fact that the Pro clip has actual IR lights help to provide better, and more consistent tracking?

I've been using the pro clip from the start, never had any problems with tracking unless you have strong sunlight shinning into your room.The trackir5 is meant to be an improvement but I cant see much they need to improve on, it is the best piece of kit I own, combined with a 50" LCD its awesome.

Rob Prest

Jon, is the Pro clip worth it? I used to have a TIR5, but sold it because the receiver kept losing sight of the clip. (if that makes sense) Would the fact that the Pro clip has actual IR lights help to provide better, and more consistent tracking?
I believe it is but I have nothing to compare it against. The post by FLEX1978 explains my experience for the most part. Direct sunlight is a killer. The thing I notice most after using for more than a year is it's consistency, well worth it if the standard clip is such a pain.
I've been using the pro clip from the start, never had any problems with tracking unless you have strong sunlight shinning into your room.The trackir5 is meant to be an improvement but I cant see much they need to improve on, it is the best piece of kit I own, combined with a 50" LCD its awesome.
Ahh, a 50" LCD would be nice for FSX. I had similar issues with sun light and thought the TIR was loosing it's mind until I realized the culprit.

Rob-Would you give me a ding when you can........couple of questions on the TrackIR......hope this finds you well?Carl

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

a cheap do-it-yourself alternative to experiment with for the $-challenged...http://www.free-track.net/english/

Rob-Would you give me a ding when you can........couple of questions on the TrackIR......hope this finds you well?Carl
Carl, long time mate. Good to hear from you :) Check your pm

Rob Prest