Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Ifly 737 NG FSX vs PMDG 737 NGX

First - There is no PMDG 737 at this time so any comparison with a non-existent product would be moot.I own the iFLY 737 consider myself a hard-core simmer. I can tell you that it is on par with the LDS 757 or PMDG 747 (both of which I also own). It is a superb aircraft and has become my favorite. iFLY has also set the bar for what should be expected for a certain price. They offer an veru accurate cockpit ith 90+% of the systems functional. Included in that is every variant + VERY accurate soundsets (probably the best 737NG sound I've heard to date.) It's simply a must have aircraft.
How did you get your hands on the LDS 757, do you belong to some sort of inside sales clubbiggrin.gif

First - There is no PMDG 737 at this time so any comparison with a non-existent product would be moot.I own the iFLY 737 consider myself a hard-core simmer. I can tell you that it is on par with the LDS 757 or PMDG 747 (both of which I also own). It is a superb aircraft and has become my favorite. iFLY has also set the bar for what should be expected for a certain price. They offer an veru accurate cockpit ith 90+% of the systems functional. Included in that is every variant + VERY accurate soundsets (probably the best 737NG sound I've heard to date.) It's simply a must have aircraft.
Interesting thread. I have the i-Fly version of the NG, and love it. I don’t get much time for flying on FSX at home (I do so almost every night, but about an hour is all I can usually spare, especially at this time of year with so much to do outside). Hence, I tend to like aircraft such as the Level D B763 and the B744 and MD11 from PMDG that I can save and later resume flights. I just tried this last night as a test with the i-Fly NG, using a take-off from my home Denver airport with a flight-plan to KPDX, using the Bonvl Six arrival (awesome flyby of Mount Hood), and the ILS 28R (emulating a real world flight I was on recently). Climbed to altitude out of KDEN. Noted on the PROG page where the TOD was, used the FSX flight planner so that I could use the FSX map facility and move the aircraft to somewhere prior to the TOD, saved the panel state and the flight plan, and the flight in FSX. Then shut down and re-started the PC, retrieved the flight (after loading FSX, bringing up the default C172 to set up FSX correctly). Loaded the panel state, the only thing I noticed that didn’t save was the ALT setting (it defaulted back to 10,000’). I did have to manually start the engines (while in Pause mode), but once I got set up and un-paused the flight it resumed perfectly- all the altitude and speed constraints were saved and were honored on the descent into KPDX, perfectly. The aircraft landing on 28R on schedule, rolled out perfectly.Now, this doesn’t address the technical details that those such as Al have touched upon, but there are not many aircraft in FSX (other than this and the other few listed above) that will do what I documented above. I have seen on the PMDG forum that the team is spending a lot of time on L-NAV and V-NAV to make sure that these work in complex DP/STAR procedures. While the STAR above is rather simple, I did try the LOOP Six out of KLAX, and like most aircraft it took the lesser heading difference to the next waypoint and turned right rather the left (the correct turn is in excess of 180 degrees), which may be some FSX limitation, and which may be resolved in the PMDG bird.Yes, I will certainly pick up the PMDG NG when it’s released, but I really like the i-Fly version. Thanks, Bruce.

I think you will see the IFly heads up collimated in an up coming release where this great add-on will improve. As the previous poster mentioned, IFly's 737NG negotiates complex SIDS and STAR's almost perfectly that include multiple speed and altitude steps. The speed window does not surpirse you by opening up as I have seen with 767 payware. IFly did a great job.

I own the iFly and im very impressed with it, although looking at the screens from NGX then it really doesnt have a patch on that! I'll be buying the NGX for sure, Just hope the frames are as good as what i get in the JS41 (iFly is a lot harde on frames and i have a hefty rig).

The iFly 737 is good, it is sufficient for the majority of simmers although it may not meet the needs of the fanatics. Having said that, it is available now and doesn't come with attitude :(

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have heard great things about the IFLY one, especially what you get for the price. Anyway, the PMDG one is just taking a while, so most likely wont be out till the end of the year..Not to worry :-)
Won't be out till the end of the year ? I think you will be surprised. Check out the pmdg forums.

Won't be out till the end of the year ? I think you will be surprised. Check out the pmdg forums.
Not sure what they could provide to justify two 737's? We shall see.

lol.... this thread is funny.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes, it seems the thing is finally about to be released. But after all the waiting, the hype and the endless forum threads, I feel bored with it already. And we still have the overblown, gushing praise to wade through in a few days time..Ian

Yes, it seems the thing is finally about to be released. But after all the waiting, the hype and the endless forum threads, I feel bored with it already. And we still have the overblown, gushing praise to wade through in a few days time..Ian
I'm actually happy they release the plane. As far as the people with the brown nose are concerned , I'm pretty sure they already are armed with a violin ready to hit us hard with a concert. eew Boring stuff.

I've avoided the debate, though it has been "entertaining". The final result should tell us whether the PMDG wait was worthwhile.My own motto for 2011 has been "sometimes finished is better than perfect" :)Fair play to iFly; PMDG must be kicking themselves for loss of first-mover advantage; there will have been a significant loss of income as a result, I'd guess - but they will know that many simmers will wait, come what may, and many will buy twice, too.It has been a fascinating competition. I hope both companies get a good return from all their hard work.

Paul Skol

?
Yes, does not make sense. I meant to say that I am not sure I could justify two 737's NG but who needs justification?

There's always plenty of room for well made aircraft. A lot of us own multiple versions of the same aircraft type. I own the iFly NG and I'll buy the PMDG version when it comes out. I'm guessing that some folks are going to have a problem (at least initially) with the PMDG offering, only because of the level of detail. 95% of the simming public has no idea all of the intricacies that these aircraft entail and I'll bet PMDG will be fielding a host of bug reports that aren't bugs at all, but users who haven't taken the time to pour through the documentation. Lastly, it will all come down to performance. If only those who own top of the line computers can run this thing, then you'll hear people screaming at the top of their lungs. We'll just have to wait and see.

NAX669.png

There's always plenty of room for well made aircraft. A lot of us own multiple versions of the same aircraft type. I own the iFly NG and I'll buy the PMDG version when it comes out. I'm guessing that some folks are going to have a problem (at least initially) with the PMDG offering, only because of the level of detail. 95% of the simming public has no idea all of the intricacies that these aircraft entail and I'll bet PMDG will be fielding a host of bug reports that aren't bugs at all, but users who haven't taken the time to pour through the documentation. Lastly, it will all come down to performance. If only those who own top of the line computers can run this thing, then you'll hear people screaming at the top of their lungs. We'll just have to wait and see.
Initial reports from PMDG is that the 737 NGX performs at least as well as the MD-11, which on my system outperforms the FSX iFly 737 , so I think it is likely that the PMDG NGX will perform better than the iFly.