Sign in to follow this  
Artem Crum

[old] LINDA v1.13 released!

LINDA 2.5 is now the recommended version!  Owners of the original MCP who experience problems with 2.5 should use this version (1.13).

LINDA - Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

linda.png

We are proud to announce the release of LINDA!

• LINDA is meant to make your HID Device / Joystick assigning for FSX as simple as possible. With the advance of having many additional functions.
  • LINDA also supports the VRInsight MCP Combo and adds many new functions to it!
  • And LINDA is a tool to make hunting for FSX controls, offsets and LUA variables much easier as it was till now.
  • LINDA should be the platform and a standard for all future user created LUA scripts
Joystick / HID Devices
  • automatic identifying and naming of your devices
  • intuitive and flexible assigning
  • press, release and repeat mode for every button
  • local and global shift mode (modifiers)
  • endless possibilities and extended functions because of Lua
VRi MCP Combo
  • Assigning of all functions (Lua, FSX offsets, macros, FSX standard functions and controls) via simple and intuitive pop-up
  • MCP Combo separated in three parts (EFIS, MCP and RADIOS/User Buttons) and 3 Modes for each part
  • creating and saving presets
  • MCP Display contains now further information like vertical speed and much more
  • MCP Display could be switched between Autopilot Information and Current Flight Information
  • Radio part Mode button now toggle OMI sound marker for VOR, DME and ADF
Other:
  • console window for debugging and monitoring FSX with filtering options etc
  • LINDA tracer for hunting and testing Lua variables, offsets and standard FSX controls
  • integrated Lua script editor with syntax check and highlighting
  • Except FSUIPC is no additional software like VSPE or even VRInsights SerialFP needed!

Ready to use modules for most of third-party aircrafts are available!

• We have placed now every single module in the downloads section of this forum.
    You will find updates for this modules from time to time also there.
Our forum on AVSIM.net: Download: Previous version: Note:

Version history:

• 5 Oct 2013 - v. 1.13 - update to LINDA GUI
    • NEW:
      • More than 10 joysticks are now supported
      • Saitek Pro Flight Switch panel supported!!!
  • 15 Sept 2013 - v. 1.12 - minor update to Lua engine
    • NEW:
      • Now you can replace SPD indication on MCP2 with course indication - OBS1/OBS2/ADF1
        • Add SPD_CRS_replace = true  to module's InitVars ()
        • Disabled by default
      • Flight autosave feature - as soon as engine is stopped, battery switched off and parking brake set LINDA will automatically save current flight
        • Add AUTO_SAVE_ENABLED = false to module's InitVars () to disable autosave
        • Enabled by default
      • New functions:
        • SaveFlight(filename) - saves flight at current point, 'filename'  is optional
        • ShowMessage (text) - shows green scrollbar message

• UPDATED:
      • Indication of morse ident for COM/NAV/DME/ADF is changed on MCP2 - now you will see the '*' on radios display near the current mode name (i. e. - COM1*)
      • Transponder button (TRN) on radios block now have the second function - if you press it again, it will suggest you to replace current sqawk with 1200, press again and it will return to the current code
      • Updated functions:
        • DspShow(line1, line2, mcp2_line1, mcp2_line2) - now you can specify display messages for both MCP1 and MCP2 in one command. Backward compatibility is supported, so you can still use simple code DspShow(line1, line2) with MCP2 lines omitted.
Edited by ScotFlieger
Recommendation for Original MCP owners

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

And here are some screenshots:lindajoysetting.jpgautomatic identifiying of your HID Devices - up to 5 Joystickslindajoystickpage.jpglindajoyassigning.jpgeasy and intuitive assigning with pop-menueslindamcppage.jpgSupport of VRInsight MCP Combo - same easy assigning like with joysticks - additional functions of the Combolindatracer.jpglindaconsole.jpgLINDA Tracer and console for monitoring and LUA hunting!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Integrated Lua editoreditor.png

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

This looks great, thanks so much for the hard work, one question noticed ifly737x is not on list do you think this may work with ifly ?, thank you.Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

Hello Richard,As I know, AP system of iFly works fine with LINDA's FSX Default module (with display indications sync!). Other controls could be accessed by assigning the key presses. But later, I'm sure, someone will made a separate module for iFly too.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Thank you my friend you are the best I am using the mcp combo, forgot to tell you that, thanks again big time. :( Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

Hi Helge:Wow excellent news, amazing how many talented people spend all of Their free time to help others, much appreciated to all. :( :( Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

Thanks, Michel! Moving your post to the "impressions" thread.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

This is fantastic news.If all works as simple as you indicate then you deserve the Nobelprize!This could perpaps be what i've been waiting for to make full use of my MCP Combo which is a terrific device with a lot of potential but with outdated software and support.I will try it out very soon. thank you very much.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

wondered why Guenseli was so quite... been busy I see..!!
what? where? me???I'm so quiet, because Artem is the techie here and give perfect support.My role is to wait for new addons and then going LUA hunting :((For the next aircraft I'm waiting please refer to the PMDG forum Big%20Grin.gif )Beside this I'm in holiday from now on till August!:(

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Why are the download links not working?Edit: Nevermind. It finally downloaded ok. Everyone must be trying to get it at the same time.:(

My role is to wait for new addons and then going LUA hunting :((For the next aircraft I'm waiting please refer to the PMDG forum Big%20Grin.gif )
GünterThis will sure interrest you but i assume you follow the PMDG forum too.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/339483-question-about-ngx-for-cockpit-builders/page__view__findpost__p__2016683Michel

Michel Veréb