Sign in to follow this  
FS Hub

Battlefield 3 1080p uber-real tank desert gameplay

Yeah! Seen this vid before and it is awesome. Can't wait for 25th October 2011! Got a widget on my phone counting down already! :(

Guest acezboy561

Looks fun ;D Speaking of war games, has anybody tried Apache Air Assult? Its available from JustFlight - I have a review copy of it. Its a fun game - tricky at times aswell.

Awesome looking game. I sure hope I'll be able to put the NGX down to play it when it comes out.

Noah Bryant

A good friend of mine is one of the map designers on this game (worked on BC 1 & 2 too) - been hearing about it from him forever. Really looks like it's going to revolutionize the FPS genre, can't wait.Btw, this does involve aviation - BF3 has flyable aircraft and helicopters, though it's probably not a "sim" in the way DCS A-10 is or anything like that.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Impressive graphics... WOW.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

You should get your map designing buddy to invite me to the alpha when they send invites out :(

This game is exactly the reason I don't have a console like xbox or ps3. If I did, I would never get off. FS would die and then so would I when my spouse kills me.

Eric 

Looking at this makes me feel like jumping back to the DCS A-10 cockpit... Just waiting for the 1.09 patch release soon...

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Speaking of war games, has anybody tried Apache Air Assult?
Yup, I've got that, it's pretty good fun, has decent multiplayer, and according to some BAe test pilot who flew the Apache, it models the way an AH-64 handles pretty well in spite of being a fairly light sim. Dunno if that is true of course, but it certainly does fly very well and is a lot better than I thought it would be for 25 quid. The preceding game by the same company which has the UH-1C in it, Whirlwind of Vietnam, is pretty good as well too, but a bit short on missions.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yeah can't wait, prolly come out before something else... ;)Pete Walsh.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

If you guys are into military games and want realism check out ARMA 2, realistic bullet ballistics and other things, they also have a helicopter simulator in development too.Sam Ringvall.

If you guys are into military games and want realism check out ARMA 2, realistic bullet ballistics and other things, they also have a helicopter simulator in development too.Sam Ringvall.
Yeah. Hitting something with a sniper rifle is actually challenging in Armed Assault.Being the flight sim guy I usually fly helicopters when playing with friends but my favorite are the spec-op missions at night. Attacking an enemy stronghold in the dark with friends, where each operative has different gear and different objectives is a blast when the plan comes together. Have been playing it on and off since Cold War Crisis.

Is there anything out right now similar to the first Operation Flashpoint or Ghost Recon 1? It seems like everything since those were arcade type shooters which I hate. I like a mission that takes a long time that consists of a lot of sneaking followed by quickly taking an objective. I know BF3 wont be like that but it will still be fun for awhile. I just miss the good warfare sims, or even a strategic sim like something from Sonalysts...Oh well I think we've had this conversation before.

Noah Bryant

Is there anything out right now similar to the first Operation Flashpoint or Ghost Recon 1? It seems like everything since those were arcade type shooters which I hate. I like a mission that takes a long time that consists of a lot of sneaking followed by quickly taking an objective. I know BF3 wont be like that but it will still be fun for awhile. I just miss the good warfare sims, or even a strategic sim like something from Sonalysts...Oh well I think we've had this conversation before.
Noah, Arma 2 and its expansion pack Operation Arrowhead is what you're looking for. It's made by the same developers but they had to change the title because the publisher owns the rights to the name. Its pretty much the same game as Operation Flashpoint but newer, better graphics, more realistic, better control of the character etc. Still some bugs and quite demanding on your hardware but its a great game/sim if you liked the first game.

Noah, Arma 2 and its expansion pack Operation Arrowhead is what you're looking for. It's made by the same developers but they had to change the title because the publisher owns the rights to the name. Its pretty much the same game as Operation Flashpoint but newer, better graphics, more realistic, better control of the character etc. Still some bugs and quite demanding on your hardware but its a great game/sim if you liked the first game.
By the way. Bohemia Interactive regained the ownership rights for the original OFP recently. They will do a re-release of the original sometime soon.