Sign in to follow this  
CPT.KRISTIAN

How FLIGHT will look if they look at HAWX

Hi today i want to show pictures of hawx and how flight will be looking if they take help of Hawx.Look at the mountain in hawx:hawx_2_2.jpgIf this mountain be used in flight it will give us more realistic scenery._____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________If they use this desert.mt_large_HAWX_2_S_Preview_7.jpg.jpg4.jpg____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Hawx cities:All we know that microsoft fsx have problem with cities example cairo in fsx the ground textures is from other countries and the buildings is not buildings from cairo.hawx2-city.pngLook how real this look like this is exactly like FLYTAMPA KAITAK but all the game scenery is like that.HAWX RIO DO JANERIOhawx_demo_rio1-640x.jpg

I cant comment on the new HAWX, but in the original one there was a very small flying area. Every area would have been basically handmade. Do not expect Flight, which is the entire planet, to look like this. Its a nice thought though....

Daniel Miller

I cant comment on the new HAWX, but in the original one there was a very small flying area. Every area would have been basically handmade. Do not expect Flight, which is the entire planet, to look like this. Its a nice thought though....
Yes i thinked that to but hawx to have a very big flying are as you can see in videos i think there is one mission there it was big like france.

Ok but you think we can expect flight 2015 about that look like that
Probably not. Who said another flight sim would be out in 2015 anyway?

Brandon Filer

Yes i thinked that to but hawx to have a very big flying are as you can see in videos i think there is one mission there it was big like france.
France might be a big place, in fact it is the largest European nation, but it only covers 0.125 percent of the Earth's surface area. Admittedly two thirds of that surface area is water, but you'd still looking at a rather large effort to model all the land masses on the planet in the kind of detail that a small combat sim can manage.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

As someone who has played HAWK and many like it, there is no comparison. 1st, all those games keep you in a very limited area. About the size of a good city. You go outside, they flip you back inside. In FSX, you can fly from LA to London and back no problem. 2nd, you get close too the ground, those photo-real textures turn too mud. 3rd, no real flight systems. No such thing as gauges, FM, or really anything flight sim related. Sure, it looks pritty, and its a lot of fun to zoom around shooting things down, but when you can have an entire team devote there work to a limited area, you can make it look that good. On the otherhand, FSX and hopefully Flight has an ENTIRE GLOBE to work on, not just a single city. Plus the aircraft systems alone take up more time then anything. Its not all about eye candy.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

As someone who has played HAWK and many like it, there is no comparison. 1st, all those games keep you in a very limited area. About the size of a good city. You go outside, they flip you back inside. In FSX, you can fly from LA to London and back no problem. 2nd, you get close too the ground, those photo-real textures turn too mud. 3rd, no real flight systems. No such thing as gauges, FM, or really anything flight sim related. Sure, it looks pritty, and its a lot of fun to zoom around shooting things down, but when you can have an entire team devote there work to a limited area, you can make it look that good. On the otherhand, FSX and hopefully Flight has an ENTIRE GLOBE to work on, not just a single city. Plus the aircraft systems alone take up more time then anything. Its not all about eye candy.
Yeah, don't the flight dynamics require more horsepower than something like HAWX? HAWX is essentially an arcade game with simplified flight.

I also mean if there be a new flight sim 2015-2016 do you think it will look like hawx.
Honestly, I dont think Flight will ever look like Hawks just due too RAM and HDD limitations. MSFS has always simulated the WORLD, and to have the WORLD as photo-real is just impossible!!! Even products like OrbX needs 5-10GB just for photo-real for something the size of a US state! The data on something like Google Earth and Bing maps take TERABYTES!!! Your only downloading and viewing a small portion at a time! I know a lot of people would like to see that on the cloud, that Flight could just download the photoreal portions your flying over, but there is a limit too streaming images. What if your flying in a super sonic jet? Will your connection be able to stream the content fast enough? Also, MS would need to assume a massive burden of streaming that content. That would take servers, and massive bandwidth, all costing a LOT of money. Would you be willing to pay monthly for such services? Or would everyone see that as a way for MS to rape the users out of more money?Its just not possible given the scope and scale of MSFS series.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.