Sign in to follow this  
walter_munds

Autopilot doesnt comply with target altitude

Hi All.I have the PMDG 747-400X and I'm having issues with the autopilot. Some times it seems it won't do what i have setup. For example, i initiated my climb procedure, with target FL220. I had that target set in BOTH FMC and MCP altitude selector. I was running the checklists, setting up lights, etc and did not noticed the aircraft was alreay way above the FL220 (it was actually somewhere like FL280). I then changed from VNAV to Altitude Hold. That worked. But then i tried to make it go down to FL220, and it just wouldnt do it. I had to disengage autopilot, come back to desired altitude and activate it again, but still, it just was crazy. No matter what i do, it will always go up.What could be wrong ?Thanks.Walter

Need to see screenshots of your main panel and the FMC legs and PERF INIT pages from when this is happening please.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hello to all; I had this same problem this weekend. I made a flight with 747 and cruising altitude was scheduled to FL330 in the FMC.But by using VNAV, the aircraft simply climbed well above that altitude. Climbed to more than OPT ALT. At the time I thought I had done something wrong, and continued the flight with ALT HLD. I'll try to redo the flight as soon as possible, and if there is the same thing, post them here.Best regardsCristiano Mueller

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Hi, After an absence from 747-400X, whilst using the MD11, I had a slightly worse scenario with the Queen, whereby the altitude to FL20000 was going up and down, the speed was doing the same, a see-saw effect, and there was nothing I could do to rectify the situation. Any answers please. richard welsh. PS- The fact I am using a 25" wide screen monitor would this have any bearing.