Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Does my Singapore look okay?

Hey guys,Been experimenting with Singapore lately. Problem is, I'm not sure if my Singapore, shown below, looks the way it should. singapore1.jpgIt's that shoreline at the front of the shot. Addon sceneries I use are SceneryTech's Asia landclass and FSGenesis World mesh, but that should be the only active sceneries affecting Singapore. I also have Samsoft's The Very Singapore and ImagineSim's WSSS, but none of them are active. Now, the reason I ask if Singapore looks okay in that shot, is because I have some slight problems. For exmaple, that shoreline I mentioned is way off, it seems. IS's WSSS has a huge chunk of photoscenery there that now ends in water without a shoreline. As amatter of fact, I can see rolling waves through IS's photoscenery along the shorline you see in the above shot. Also, autogen is displayed over IS's photoscenery on the chunnk of land to the right of the airport.So, I'm not too sure what's going on, but it's very annoying. Please tell me all is okay, or that there's an easy way to fix this? I'm getting fed up now with all FSX's little quircks that for some reaosn always appear right at the spot where I want to fly.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

So, I'm not too sure what's going on, but it's very annoying. Please tell me all is okay, or that there's an easy way to fix this? I'm getting fed up now with all FSX's little quircks that for some reaosn always appear right at the spot where I want to fly.
Hi Benjamin,I'm reading your post and wish I could give more help at the moment. The best I'm doing after I post this is to fly around Singapore with my setup to see what I experience. I have the SceneryTech Asia land as well, but only using the default mesh for the Singapore region.I'm not sure why ImagineSim's WSSS is having the problem with the shoreline, but I'm not sure if the problem lies with the IS's airport, a clash with your other add-ons or FSX.Though it sounds like it is a bunch of little issues compounding to make you exhausted with FSX, hang in there Benjamin. :( We are all here to help.I'll report back in a few minutes.

That coastline and the buildings etc is not an accurate depiction. This is what it would look like if we could get some decent scenery for there:SINGAPORE.jpgAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

with the SceneryTech Asia landclass on and default mesh and no auto gen I got something similar. So I what is in your picture is ok to that point,

Good to know that default FSX should be okay then. In that case, I'll continue looking for possible problems. Thanks for the help so far! Yeah, I'll hang in there, don't worry wink.gif FSX is running quite well overall at the moment, so I see no reason to suddenly stop using it.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

So there's another thing in my Singapore that seems strange, namely a river in the sea. Look here:2011-6-27_12-25-12-497.jpgIs this normal, or is there something wrong with my FSX installation *again*?By the way, Al, where did you get that photoscenery?

Benjamin van Soldt

So there's another thing in my Singapore that seems strange, namely a river in the sea. Look here:Is this normal, or is there something wrong with my FSX installation *again*?By the way, Al, where did you get that photoscenery?
Hmmm, I have the same squiggle in my scenery, not sure what to make of it.

Hmmm, I have the same squiggle in my scenery, not sure what to make of it.
It's supposed to be a river, but it's badly placed and thus lies in the water instead of ending at the shoreline, where it should end. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that this badly-placed river is standard!

Benjamin van Soldt

Its a sea monster snake. Its part of the FSX's living world feature.

Mine looks ok5951.jpg3312.jpg8543.jpg

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Guest PFL
Its a sea monster snake. Its part of the FSX's living world feature.
LMAO.gifIt´s just FSX doing it´s very normal thing, a mediocre, unfinished, embarrasing etc. Flightsim!Wait for MS Flight, we´ll get updated mediocre, unfinished, embarrasing etc. anno 2014 Flightsim!

LMAO.gifIt´s just FSX doing it´s very normal thing, a mediocre, unfinished, embarrasing etc. Flightsim!Wait for MS Flight, we´ll get updated mediocre, unfinished, embarrasing etc. anno 2014 Flightsim!
I guess you're right... but it's sad that such an error would be at one of the world's biggest airports! Thanks all for the posts. I'm releaved that the problem is in FSX in general, not just my installation.

Benjamin van Soldt

I guess you're right... but it's sad that such an error would be at one of the world's biggest airports! Thanks all for the posts. I'm releaved that the problem is in FSX in general, not just my installation.
Its probably easy to fix using the tools in SbuilderX. In fact, any of the guys who post in the Scenery Design forum, could probably instruct you how to fix it or perhaps they could make a fix themselves and post it. I am good at using some features of SBuilderX, but not sure which tool would be used to fix the "snake".

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This is a problem seen from time to time in FSX. FSX implements two different water area definitions (hydro poly). One is designed for display in the GPS and the other in drawing the actual scenery. I guess the idea the GPS polys were to be simpler, to reduce the processing load on the GPS. I don't the actual implementation was fully completed. At any rate, in some cases it seems the dataset used for generating the GPS water polys is more accurate than that used for the scenery polys. At WSSS the stream line is accurate if you look at the GPS poly.scott s..

If you think this area looks bad you should try flying an area where FSX places next to no airports. Northern Manitoba comes immediately to mind; it is so bad that when I released my freeware "Manitoba Floatplane Bases" I had users complain about the absolutely horrid mesh errors (which of coarse had nothing to do with my scenery which had no mesh adjustments in it). Unfortunately the northern parts of Canada, that are bush plane territory, are extremely annoying to fly around in with its multitude of glaring errors!Regards, Mike Mann