Sign in to follow this  
wedgantilles

Salon du Bourget 2011

Hello.Just thought I'd share for those who are interested the pictures I took at Le Bourget on Friday. I've no big camera so they are probably not the best but I'm sure other might had their own links if they were at the show.I can also tell that unfortunately there is no 787, nor 747-8i, I was really disappointed that it seems Boeing just took back it's plane after the Private Professional show, so they were a big gap in the static air craft, and as such all I got was a bit of it's part. It's really sad that there commercial aircraft were not represented at all, except for the Museum owned 747 which is there all the year. Well hopefully I'd say the A380 was there and was one of the few comercial liner with the Falcon 7X. One of the most strange aircraft I've seen which is the russian Beriev 200, that also took flight and made a demonstration droping several tons of water, with the gear being under the wing and above the airframe, and the reactors over the wings.Except than that it was nice, the weather was nice enough, sun and clouds so not too hot, neither too cold, and no rain at all. Unfortunately I've not been able to capture the all airshow which ran for almost five hours straight, I got to the point of the 1380 and a bit after that the battery just died on me. So here is the little pictures I've taken there, hope you'll enjoy :)http://picasaweb.google.com/avandoorine/Bourget2011Cheers.Aurelien

Very nice! Thanks for sharing them!

Edmundo Azevedo

Hi attached are some pics of the 747-8 and 787 at Le bourget. It was pics of opportunity with my mobile as they were taken on the side of meetings, so please excuse the relatively poor quality. Ilias Pyette

Great shots Aurelien. I'll bet it was a lot of fun.

NAX669.png

Thanks, yes it was really nice though I got a bit sunburt on the face I had not planned the sun would be that strong nor the weather office :( And nice picture for those who saw the boeing, must've been nice, I really wish boeing would have left them for the public show :/ I really expect the next edition in two years which I believe should be quite amazing, maybe not in new planes, though who knows what's going to happen in two years, well maybe there would be the Airbus A350, but more importantly it'll be the 50th edition of the show, so I guess they'll try to really make it even more memorable :)

He thanks for sharing the pictures! It's amazing!I'd like the Airbus A380 picsThanks Big%20Grin.gif

Hi attached are some pics of the 747-8 and 787 at Le bourget. It was pics of opportunity with my mobile as they were taken on the side of meetings, so please excuse the relatively poor quality. Ilias Pyette
In the middle picture of the 787 cockpit, what is the box on top of the dashboard immediately above the autopilot controls? Anyone know?

Hey, Ethan, thanks A LOT for that 787's cockpit photo. I've searched many times for a good picture of its flight deck, but that one is great. Many, many, many thanks for that :(.

Matheus Mafra

Nice pics, thanks for taking the time to post them. Quite cool to see the Beriev 200 attending. I wish someone would do a serious version of that for FS; the Beriev really is an interesting aeroplane.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

<br />In the middle picture of the 787 cockpit, what is the box on top of the dashboard immediately above the autopilot controls? Anyone know?<br />
I was wondering that myself.
<br />Hey, Ethan, thanks A LOT for that 787's cockpit photo. I've searched many times for a good picture of its flight deck, but that one is great. Many, many, many thanks for that :(
Ha, no problem! I love that they have the the airport diagram GPS thingy. That ought to ease the workload when you get your taxi instructions, especially at night. I would think that this may improve the safety too if it can prevent pilots from taxing across an active runway, or taking a wrong turn. What is this called? I assume that it is some sort of honeywell software, no?
<br />Hey, Ethan, thanks A LOT for that 787's cockpit photo. I've searched many times for a good picture of its flight deck, but that one is great. Many, many, many thanks for that :(
Ha, no problem! I love that they have the the airport diagram GPS thingy. That ought to ease the workload when you get your taxi instructions, especially at night. I would think that this may improve the safety too if it can prevent pilots from taxing across an active runway, or taking a wrong turn. What is this called? I assume that it is some sort of honeywell software, no?

In the middle picture of the 787 cockpit, what is the box on top of the dashboard immediately above the autopilot controls? Anyone know?
It's for flight testing. A data system of some sort. Someone else could probably elaborate more...

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Please tell me that I'm not the only person who saw the shot of the 787 cockpit in between two 748 shots and thought *this is the wrong office - it only has two throttles!*...and then I scrolled up and saw the "747 and 787" and was assured that I wasn't going crazy.For the record, I'm still not a fan of all of this touch screen business. Some people I work with have no idea how sensitive those things really are and go jabbing at them all day. Luckily, the touch screen generation is quickly becoming the piloting one.

Kyle Rodgers

And to clarify my above post. I'm not referring to the EFB beside the pilot, but rather the moving airport map on the ND that shows you where you are in relation to the taxiways, hangars, etc.