Sign in to follow this  
andredw89898

FSX - How can I run it a little bit better?

Hello, for 2009 XMAS I got a brand new Dell 1545. (Laptop) And I'm only 13. So I'm not going to get a new one for sometime now. I tried FSX on it for about a year. Didn't know what lag was, Using my PMDG 747. Then I saw a video on FSX. I was amazed that the video was running all smoothly whilst mine was stuttering. So then I looked at my FPS using SHIFT+Z. It was always around 3-7. So then I found out my computer is awful for FSX. I tried everything..I put all settings to minimal still around 7-10FPS. And some online tweeks game booster... Nothing happened. Then I want to try FS9. I tried it and it wasn't really my taste, I was too used to FSX. After some more looking around the internet I found that my graphics card was the problem (intergrated). Could I get some sort of external one or get a new one from my laptop? And Also do you guys know any tweaks I can do?My Specs are below:2.1ghz Dual Core CPU. (Intel)3GB DDR2 RAM.And a Intergrated GPU.Win 7 UltimateIf you need to know more then, Your welcome to ask. As I can get any info for you.Thanks!Note: About the graphics card bit. I can afford maybe £200. (use currency converter, Google IT) So I had these on my mind: http://www.amazon.co...Q/ref=de_a_smtdhttp://www.amazon.co...O/ref=de_a_smtdCheckout them and tell me if I could put them into my laptop. Remember google Currency Converter and change the £ to $ if you need to ;).

If you can't buy anything just yet, use this http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.htmlRun your FSX.cfg through and it will find the best settings for you to use and you should gain more FPS. Regarding GFX cards... you only need one, get an NVIDIA card as they work best on FSX. Really, your specs aren't anywhere near good enough for FSX with settings set to get a reasonable looking sim.

Wow! I did the CFG Tweak change some settings and had a test fly on minimal, I had game booster, New CFG all minimal full screen and no antivirus software on. I got 30-60 FPS. I tried Cessna, Default A321 and F-18. I'm very happy now.. But I got the PMDG 747 which is my favourite aircraft of FSX. And that still flys at 8FPS. I heard that the FPS eater of the 747 was the built in Seats. And the window views.. Can I remove any of the PMDG 747 that I don't need (like the passenger bit)? I Always fly in VC so I can't remove that. But I dont' really use the other views. apart from Locked Spot. Thanks!

Guest jahman

The PMDG B-744 is one of the most advanced aircraft you can get for FSX, and therefore also one of the most CPU-intensive. You can't do all three of (complex aircraft, detailed scenery, good frame rate) with your current hardware, so you must chose which is less important and compromise. Once you accept your compromise you will again enjoy your FSX experience (good advice also for some older folks lurking in ths forum.)Cheers,- jahman.

You can't buy a new video card for a laptop sorry.The rig in general is too dated to run addons well.Perhaps try saving up for a new desktop?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

So I can't like plugin an external video card?If I got the PMDG 744 for FS9 and got FS9, How good would that be? And I really like the PMDG 744, I had my settings on all minimal and still 7-8FPS. So the Complex Aircraft Detailed Scenery good frame rate is wrong it's more of: Complex Aircraft no scenery, Good frame rate. That's what I would like.Thanks.

No lol...Your laptop would be better suited for FS9... I'm not sure how the PMDG plane would respond to FS9 in that case.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |