Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Choosing an aircraft livery

I have downloaded and installed the livery for my VA successfully.How do I now choose the livery for my aircraft within FSX/PMDG?

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Is this a kind of Sunday joke or did I miss something ? (i mean 3 star member, a PMDG logo in signature... and a question on how to select a livery within FSX ??)

too much, too soon....

Is this a kind of Sunday joke or did I miss something ? (i mean 3 star member, a PMDG logo in signature... and a question on how to select a livery within FSX ??)
He could have been using the default PMDG liveries.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

He could have been using the default PMDG liveries.
Amounts to the same thing: you have to select it in the first place :(

I thought he was talking about selecting different liveries and not the ones that come with the different variants. Now I'm confused. :(

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

When you go to the select aircraft screen, put a check in the check box for show all variants. Then you will be able to see all the liveres! If you have not made the proper edits to the aircraft .cfg file to add the paint though. If you need help just message here, or PM me and I will be glad to help.. Being a 3 star member, and having PMDG add-ons does not mean much. I have been flying add-ons for years, and only within the last 2 years have I figured out how to do a lot of this stuff. Sometimes you just do not have a need to know until you want to change something.

Many thanks, Steve! It's easy when you know how!It's such a pity that, after being away from FSX/PMDG for 6 months and forgetting so much, I have to go through such rude comments from so many. It spoils the experience so much.Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

It's such a pity that, after being away from FSX/PMDG for 6 months and forgetting so much, I have to go through such rude comments from so many. It spoils the experience so much.
I mean this in the least offensive way as possible:It's the internet. There are trolls here. There are also people like me who don't really spare the extra words all the time to come off diplomatic (though still not intentionally offensive).The best way I've found is to let it roll off, laugh about it, or take their nastiness and celebrate it. Sorry you were offended, but when dealing with the internet, it's good to develop a thick skin. There's no sense in feeling bad about coming here to ask for information just because some people aren't the kindest.

Kyle Rodgers

I mean this in the least offensive way as possible:It's the internet. There are trolls here. There are also people like me who don't really spare the extra words all the time to come off diplomatic (though still not intentionally offensive).The best way I've found is to let it roll off, laugh about it, or take their nastiness and celebrate it. Sorry you were offended, but when dealing with the internet, it's good to develop a thick skin. There's no sense in feeling bad about coming here to ask for information just because some people aren't the kindest.
+1 Go on Youtube and upload or comment on videos and your skin will be like Cobham Armour after a couple of days.

Many thanks, Steve! It's easy when you know how!It's such a pity that, after being away from FSX/PMDG for 6 months and forgetting so much, I have to go through such rude comments from so many. It spoils the experience so much.Cheers, Richard
Have a coke and a smile, it's the Internet.Pete Walsh.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.