Sign in to follow this  
nicolas83

FSX crashes drives me crazy

hello,now after spending another sunday withe deeinstalling, reinstalling, addons installing etc I ask my self why I always get those CTDs, and how to find out where the CTD comes from. In WinXP you got a message which file is wrong and causes the crash, but in win7 I just got the message that FSX had to shut down and it restarts. I have no possibility to see what the crash causes. it happens radom in any flight, not in any specific region oder Airplane.Now the question is ther any possibility to find out which file or addon is causing a CTD?thanks alot, nicolas reich

type "Event Viewer" into the start bar when the program opens go to the bottom where it says "Log Summary"and click on "Application" that should list all programs that have had issues.Look at all the times that FSX has crashed and maybe you will see a pattern that gives a clue as to whats wrong. The worst ones are that ones that are never the same :( .Hopefully we can help.

If its windows 7 64Bit have you deleted your UiAutomationCore.dll file in your OS?
Yes its 64bit and no I have not delete this fil. should I delete it?thanks, nicolas reichedit: and thanks for the advise with event viewer. I found out that the crash comes from the MSVCR80.dll file. now I have an exciting evening program to find out why ;-)

I just had 4 Fatal Errors in a row today. All in the first 30 mins of the flight. Some days I can do 6-7 flights at 1-2 hours ea. without a crash, and then I get days like today where it crashes if I even think about a flight.

I also have Windows7 64bit and have tweaked it for a long time getting it to work good. Make sure you shut down programs running in the background. For a test, you even may want to try shutting down your anti-virus and see if that helps. If it does, you may go into the anti-virus options and exclude FSX from its real-time scans altogether. There are several free process killing programs available and you can also go into the Task Manager and shut down some programs.Make sure that all of your addons security protections are working correctly. I have had addons that, for one reason or another, got their software protection messed up. This may happen if you uninstall and re-install FSX or ghost your harddrive.Make sure that your DLL.XML file is properly formated. Installing some addons will screw-up your DLL.XML file and cause FSX to crash, but it usually doesn't load at all. If you have the Addon Manager, be sure that it is toward the top of the list with no pay-ware addons above it.See if your crashes happen in any part of the world. You may have a corrupt or conflicting scenery in a certain location. Try flying in Asia, South Africa, Europe and different areas like. Pick a place that you have no addon-scenery. I had a scenery causing FSX to crash when I flew in the Caribbean.Go into the Scenery Library and shut off add on scenery, turning them back on one at a time as you fly, or just a few at a time.Also try flying a default aircraft and see if it still crashes.Disable UAC and see if that helps.These are just some other ideas. A lot of people are quick to uninstall FSX and re-install it. I have never had to do this because of a crashing FSX program. The only time that I've ever re-installed FSX was due to a harddrive replacement. Usually there is a reason why FSX is crashing and if you search, you will find the reason. You have to practically become an FSX Crime Scene Investagator.If you do decide to re-install, make sure you go in explorer and manually delete any folders that may be left and any software protection that may linger in your "User" folder. (You will have to re-activate all the addons you install). Then try FSX with no addons, and just install one addon at a time until your satisfied that they are not the culprit.Check out Bojote's Tweaking Tool and anything that he has written on FSX http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.htmlFSX has so much to load on startup, especially if you have a lot of addons. I believe getting a crash on startup once in a while is normal, but it shouldn't be persistent. Good luck,Bob

Have you installed both Service Pack 1 and SP2 or Acceleration after installing FSX?

Folks,Many of you are getting crashes in FSX, I have been noticing in the FSX hardware forum that there are more who get crashes here and there, I do get crashes here and there. Which is what I have been hunting down in the last 2 days, 2 crashes that are not related to the NGX, but with other aircrafts as well, not just PMDG's but others. How many of you are getting NT2D.dll and G3D.dll crashes? Those are the crashes I get here and there, but it does not happen with great frequency - partly because I don't fly flights that are long enough or go far enough (usually its circuits or just short flights to another airport 40nm away). Just recently I had been pushing my flights farther and farther, I would get an NT2D.dll crash during a 2 hour flight. Culprit? Check your hardware settings, your video card, your CPU (Overclocking?). NT2D.dll crashes are 90% of the time related to your computer's configuration - your overclocking settings. I am running a new i5 system OC'd to 4.7GHz and 3 out of 10 flights I'd get an NT2D.dll crash, turns out one of the Load Line Calibration value in the bios was low, boosted that by 50 and no more NT2D.dll crash. During a sample flight, YVR-SNA, I would get an NT2D.dll crash 3 out of 5 times, now no more. So check your overclocking settings, either you've pushed your hardware to the max or a voltage, LLC, etc are not high enough. This requires quite a bit of your time trouble shooting and there isn't a quick and fast solution, you need to play with the settings, do a flight in an area where you frequently get an NT2D.dll error.G3D.dll crashes? Check your scenery, video drivers and your AA/AF settings. Either there is a scenery with a missing texture/corrupt BGL/duplicate AFCADs, your video drivers need to be updated and/or your AA/AF settings are not set correctly.G3D.dll crash is a big deal and there are more and more reports of G3D.dll crashes being mentioned and just lately I have been getting a G3D.dll crash when I would be transitioning up and down the West Coast of Oregon and Washington. 5 out of 5 flights and I get a G3D.dll error. Last night I have resolved it, turns out there was an airport in Washington - Olympia that was giving me a G3D.dll crash, renamed the bgl to bak (I never fly into that airport so its not an issue for me) There is an extensive discussion going on in the ORBX forum about the G3D.dll with their PNW scenery, check it out.But not JUST the airport was giving me issues, it was also my video drivers, for some reason something got corrupted so a clean reinstall of the video drivers would help as well. ALSO check if you have duplicate AFCADs... those will give you issues if there is a duplicate airport. On another test flight a few weeks back I was beginning to get G3D.dll crashes everytime I flew YQQ-YYC, culprit? Duplicate AFCADs. There is a tool called Airport Scanner, it will scan your FSX sceneries for duplicate AFCADs, you simply delete the duplicate airport. In this case of Orbx's PNW scenery, I had 8 duplicate airports so I deleted the defaults and kept the PNW ones. Result? No more crashes.Lastly, check your AA/AF settings, if you have followed Ryan's tutorial in our General Forum, you should be fine, it would be the previous two that I mentioned.Folks, I know the crashes are frustrating, afterall it is FSX, it does not like to be pushed too hard otherwise it breaks. We have to be gentle with it and worry not, our NGX doesn't appear to have any effect, I have flown it in the most demanding scenery areas such as JFK, Frankfurt, London without any issues. FWIW, other airplanes that I have, RealAir Duke, Carenado etc, I have gotten crashes in the same scenery areas that I mentioned above. Don't start blaming your airplanes, start looking at your system overclocking, hardware, drivers, duplicate scenery files, corrupted installations. I would suggest, don't start reformatting your computer, FSX etc. Only as an absolutely last resort guys... yes upgrading to bigger and faster hardware may solve your issues but ultimately keep an eye on your overclocking, video card settings, update the drivers to the latest etc, nothing is absoltuely fool proof. Heck, I install and uninstall sceneries, airplanes and stuff dozens of times a week, I may have triggered a corrupted file in FSX. I hope this post sheds some light on your issues and we all help each other solve the problems. Googling NT2D.dll and G3D.dll crashes in FSX, there is a good amount of discussions, tips and solutions. All of the tips I've suggested here are from others who have posted suggestions on where to start looking.In closing, I have performed 3 additional flights up and down the west coast without any crashes so I am getting confident that I have solved this one. Keep in mind, start where you most frequently get a crash and investigate from there. Duplicate sceneries, corrupted BGL, duplicate AFCADs, old video drivers, overclocking, etc. One more thing, a big factor in some crashes I have noticed is porting over sceneries from FS9 to FSX, that most certainly can cause issues so look into that. Good luck,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

now finally it looks like I found a solution. in another forum someone suggested, to the MSVCR80.dll CTD, not always to take the newest driver of your graphic card and make a new FSX.cfg. so I downloaded a nvidia driver from around december 2010 and deleted my old FSX.cfg, and it looks like its working.maybe thats also an good advise for any kind of CTDs. hope it works. ;-) thanks for helping anybody.nicolas reich

now finally it looks like I found a solution. in another forum someone suggested, to the MSVCR80.dll CTD, not always to take the newest driver of your graphic card and make a new FSX.cfg. so I downloaded a nvidia driver from around december 2010 and deleted my old FSX.cfg, and it looks like its working.maybe thats also an good advise for any kind of CTDs. hope it works. ;-) thanks for helping anybody.nicolas reich
ah ye i heard some have had issues with diffrent drivers, as a rule I dont jump to the latest drivers unless I have a problem that looks graphic related.Hope it all works out for you.

My first suggestion is disable/move add-on scenery etc.. that runs all the time FSX is running and try one thing at a time. I found a module that works fine in FS9 doesn't disable in FSX and conflicts with every other aircraft when the aircraft it belongs to isn't loaded (LSH MD-82). The only solution is to move it when not using the aircraft.There may be something like that with another add-on. Be sure also to note the sim time when it occurs; some glitches/crashes are time of day dependent.Best regards,Robin.

I just recently moved to FSX after many years (and significant monetary investment) using FS9. I've made about a dozen flights so far with absolutely no problems. Yesterday I flew the PMDG MD11 from Frankfurt to Atlanta with flawless performance. I'm running FSX Gold with some Aerosoft and ImagineSim scenery, ASE, and REX. The only tweak I've applied is to run my fsx.cfg through Bojote's tool. I would suggest always keeping a duplicate copy (that you know to be working) of your fsx.cfg file in a safe place and always make a System Restore point before installing any software executables. Ensure you always understand what a particular piece of software or "tweak" is purporting to do before installing it. It also helps to hang back a little and check the chatter before installing the latest and greatest widget; early adopters sometimes pay the price for sloppy software development. May not work for everyone, but I'm certainly happy with my results.

Hi !!My only problem and crash to desktop are given using FSpassengers on win7 64 and fsx. When i dont use it i almost never have CTD..Around internet there are lots of possible causes, some say to put UiAutomationCore.dll 32bit in the folder of fsx some say to delte it from the SO, Personally i deleted it, some said the problem a multiple installation of visual Basic redistrrubetble 2005. SOme other give the fault to windows updates. So there is too many causes. Anyone should try to nderstand what cause the problem and try to see if there is any fix. Unluckly FSX not always give what error caused the problem. Sometimes i had NTDLL problems some other time other kind.. But mostly in my case is always FSpassengers...Regards Alfredo

FSXmanIn reply #6 to this topic you wrote in part " ghost your harddrive". What do you mean by this?Thank youMichael Cubine

FSXmanIn reply #6 to this topic you wrote in part " ghost your harddrive". What do you mean by this?Thank youMichael Cubine
It's another tern for cloning it (ref. Norton Ghost).