Sign in to follow this  
sticky1202

ERJ Wilco/Feelthere Repaint

Does anyone know of a repaint for the Wilco/Feelthere E135/145/145x in the new (2011) United Express colors for FS9? There is one out for FSX I've found, but I'm not sure if that works in FS9. Jim

Jim Boerman

Does anyone know of a repaint for the Wilco/Feelthere E135/145/145x in the new (2011) United Express colors for FS9? There is one out for FSX I've found, but I'm not sure if that works in FS9. Jim
Hi Jim,I would imagine there is only 1 paintkit for the ERJ's. I would imagine that it would be simple to convert the textures to FS9 using dxt.bmp saving as extended bitmap in DXT3 or 5.http://www.btinternet.com/~mnwright/download/dxtbmpx.EXEPost back if you need any help.

\Robert Hamlich/

Thanks Robert,Just a few things to keep in mind.If the textures for the FSX version are dds files ( wich they most likely are ) just converting them to DXT3 or DXT5 is not enough.The textures should be flipped vertically also.DDS textures are are upside-down oriented.If some texturefiles are larger than 1024x1024 they should be dowsized to 1024x1024 ( this implicates some loss of detail and sharpness).The link to the DXTBmp.exe file alone is not enough.*I prefer not to give direct links to downloads.So please do not place hot-linked downloads on the forum only , guide us to the website instead.There are various reasons for that.1st The owner of the site really likes people to visit his website rather than just grabbing away his achievements.2nd Vital information gets missed*3th Other programs/products the same developer created stay unknown.In this case the DXTBmp.exe is not all we need..To make DXTBmp work correctly we need the latest mwgfx.dll-set to be present on the computer we want to use DXTBmp on.Please visit Martin Wright`s website at http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/ and discover also ConvIm.exe (among many other great tools) wich enables us to batch-convert textures.RegardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi Leen, Thanks for the suggestion, I will post a site rather then hotlink to a download. Thanks also for the other information you provided regarding mwgfx.dll and Convim.exe, I will have a look at those as well. Regards, Robert Halmich

\Robert Hamlich/