Next device to support in LINDA?

79 members have voted

1. 1. Next device to support in LINDA?

• VRinsight M-Panel
    • GoFlight MCP Pro
    • OpenCockpit devices
    • Something else (say in comments)
    • CpFlight MCP

Now, as LINDA is released, I can finally to think of it's future and what next device support could be integrated in it.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

VRinsight GPS5 :) You could probably get this working quite easily as there aren't that many buttons on it and I can tell you what all the commands are called from SerialFP2. Its fairly easy to use from within FSUIPC until you want to start using modes, then it becomes a pain setting it up for lots of different aircraft. I use it with the RXP GNS530 minus the controls for the COMS side.http://vrinsight.com/public_html/index.php?module=Html&action=SiteComp&sSubNo=18

Cheers, Andy.

It'd be great if you could support the original (now out of production, although there are still a lot of them around) Aerosoft Australia MCP, but I guess information about it might now be hard to find..... :( Cheers,Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Hi,first of all thanks for LINDA. Yhis is the program that we waiting for....I have a MCP for Cpflight and I would like to interface It with everythings. Please make a support for it. I'm a hardcore user of Fsuipc feature, but that would be the right interface with it.Thanks and regardsArnaldo Vacca

I have a MCP for Cpflight and I would like to interface It with everythings. Please make a support for it. I'm a hardcore user of Fsuipc feature, but that would be the right interface with it.
Currently my vote is for CpFlight MCP/EFIS too. (do you like them as an owner?)But the final word is up to the sponsor who will decide to support further development.Poll is started to get the general statistics of potential users requests.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Wow, Linda is an impressive software, maybe the VRInsight CDUII would be the next?

Miguel Leandro

Wow, Linda is an impressive software, maybe the VRInsight CDUII would be the next?
CDUII is an interesting device, but actually I don't like the idea of occupying the DVI port for it (thick short cables, additional video card for it). Sure this decision made CDU not so expensive as it could be, but... There are cheap PC displays on the market using USB connection (not VGA/DVI) to work. If CDU III(?) - will use this type of technology, it will be a really great device.i.e. http://www.mimomonitors.com/products/mimo-720-s -- 200$ for small USB-display with touch screen.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

USB video devices are utter crap for anything but a CDU to be honest, it would be useless even for a moving map, all VRinsight devices use very similar hardware to keep prices low to the consumer. The GPS5 (same display as CDU2 different orientation) when used with a moving map for instance would look awful if it used USB display technology (which it doesn't its VGA/DVI) simply because they cannot update fast enough and reliably enough to display a clear image, pushing video over it also greatly reduces the amount of bandwidth left on the BUS for other USB devices sharing the same BUS.

Cheers, Andy.

Mmm... never been using the USB-displays yet. May be you are right about themBut using the dedicated video port for CDU it is not a perfect solution anyway.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Its not perfect no but its about $700 cheaper than the alternative from the other well known FMS providers and you are also tied to a specific type of FMS too i.e. Boeing or Airbus, that's not the case with the CDU2 as you can change the buttons around easily and you can use it for other things too, like a moving map for example.

Cheers, Andy.

Stop promoting it here :Peace:I'm sure this is good device for the money. Let's just say that my opinion is from the perfectionist's point of view.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

I'm not promoting anything, I'm correcting your misconceptions which is a completely different thing, it's got nothing at all to do with opinion.

Cheers, Andy.

Do not take it too serious, Andy, it was a joke about promouting, nothing more. :(

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Looking the at VRi product line I think the next logical device to support would be the CDU-I (which I guess is the same as CDU-II but just without the display that occupies an DVI port!) because the MCP-Combo and CDU is the two common most used devices in jets. Also because otherwise it's really hard to make any use of VRi modules since SerialFP2 doesn't do a very good job!!

Regards,

Allan Jensen

It's not likely I'm going to support the CDU-I, sorry.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL