Next device to support in LINDA?

79 members have voted

1. 1. Next device to support in LINDA?

• VRinsight M-Panel
    • GoFlight MCP Pro
    • OpenCockpit devices
    • Something else (say in comments)
    • CpFlight MCP

It's not likely I'm going to support the CDU-I, sorry.
Could there be any way for other people who already own the CDU (or other VRi modules) to help you make them work with LINDA? Could there be made some kind of interface that would make it relatively simple to add new devices - either directly, or by helping you with the information needed to make it work? Or is it simply too complex a process to add new modules?The idea of many people contributing to a project I am really a big fan of, since you suddenly have a workforce of thousands of people! Good examples are Wikipedia and Openstreetmaps - not to mention your own method for other people to add aircraft scripts in LINDA!Allan JensenNorway

Regards,

Allan Jensen

Lua part of the LINDA is pretty simple... device modules are not fully separated from each other, but this could be done. However the main problem is GUI which is written in Delphi and has some messy internal design. It was not intended to allow anyone to add new module for it - too much work to create a universal approach for any device, document it and support. But, again, the idea is interesting...

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

HiAre Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning supporting the ArianeDesign 737 and Wilco´s Airbus V,1 and 2?Best Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Game control: Home Cockpit, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. 

Hi Fredrik,This topic is not for asking what you have asked.. but, no, currently LINDA doesn't support any of them.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

However the main problem is GUI which is written in Delphi and has some messy internal design. It was not intended to allow anyone to add new module for it - too much work to create a universal approach for any device, document it and support.
Yes, I could imagine adding new modules without involving you is probably too much work. So the thing to ponder about is more likely if there is a way people can assist you in adding new modules.Allan

Regards,

Allan Jensen

Need more than 5 devices. I have 4 Saitek throttles, Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel,Saitek yoke, DTA rotary encoder, USB Pulse generator 2120, USB Pulse generator 2160, CH Products Multi-function Panel, Warthog joystick and Warthog throttle.

I am using LINDA to associate FSX, FSUIPC values and LUA scripts to 2 BU0836X boards, as well as PFC yoke. It took some time to set everything up, but it is well worth it!I also have several GoFlight modules. It would be great if LINDA would allow me to assign values to those devices as well.Well done!

I can only afford the cheap Saitek Pro Panels, so would love to have those available under this great addon.I'm shortly to be forced out of simming for at least 2-3 months due to health issues.Thus, if you are in the UK, I could loan you the panels for some time in order to do them.Let me know if you want them...

I am a very avid flight simmer and I own the goflight MCP pro and I have a huge amount of addons and I fly all of them and it would be great if you made LINDA for the Mcp pro.

I was >< this close to finally purchasing one of the VR Insight MCP Combos (to make redundant my MPanel!)... when I now see VR Insight has a MCP model 2 in either Boeing or Airbus flavors.So... this would be my choice for the "next supported device."

Click on my signature image to be taken to the VRinsight website then click on the products link at the top of the page then use the navigation section of the page on the left. Either that or you can look at the products on the Simware shop www.simw.com

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks for the pointer Andy! According to the Simware shop, these new MCPs aren't yet available.I'll avoid talk of pricing except for this mention that I'm avoiding talking about it.