Sign in to follow this  
pao

Wide Beta tomorrow ?

[Fair enough. But it's an important milestone and the PMDG folks themselves have said that once this stage is reached, the plane will be almost ready to push out the factory doors. To quote from Robert's recent post: "While we are not predicting an end-date to final testing, I do not anticipate the process taking very long. Why? The Tech Team we have assembled has given this airplane such an incredibly thorough workout that very little remains to be done!"And hopefully during the wide Beta, we'll get to see more images of the jet.

And if not tonight, there is always tomorrow!
And if not tomorrow there is always the day after tomorrow.biggrin.gif

maybe they will tell how much it is and how they will sell it once it goes in wide beta.

Yeahhhhh. Let's show as much excitement as when the iFly went out !!! I remember that we could follow the release LIVE seconds after seconds and that was a great moment to live !

too much, too soon....

Hi,Absolutely Correct, if it goes into wide beta today, tomorrow, next week or next month, its still not going to be released until its finished. They have no idea what may or may not happen during the wide beta, so it could still be months away.

Why are people so excited about this and treating it almost like it's going to be released tonight? I mean, I'm glad it might possibly move into a new beta phase tonight, but people should keep things in perspective.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,Absolutely Correct, if it goes into wide beta today, tomorrow, next week or next month, its still not going to be released until its finished. They have no idea what may or may not happen during the wide beta, so it could still be months away.
- absolutley. The MD11 and the J41 were in beta for a couple/few months each. Lets not be so quick to think that it will come fast. PMDG does nothing " fast". Wide beta ain't that big of a deal. No matter what, everyday they are that much closer to release.

Peter Osborn

LIVE seconds after seconds and that was a great moment to live !
Sheesh! Its a piece of computer software, not the Berlin Wall coming down.

David Porrett

Ryan,Who exactly gets invited to a "Wide" Beta anyway?

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Ryan,Who exactly gets invited to a "Wide" Beta anyway?
All their beta people were preselected a while back. I believe the majority were involved in previous projects.

Guys-Lets not get all caught up in the verbage.The ng IS in beta and has been for about two months. Historically , that means we have ABOUT one month to go.

Peter Osborn

Guys-Lets not get all caught up in the verbage.The ng IS in beta and has been for about two months. Historically , that means we have ABOUT one month to go.
I think it will be released in the next 2 weeks or less.

Well each day is closer to release...Pete Walsh.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Sheesh! Its a piece of computer software, not the Berlin Wall coming down.
I don't know. The fallout from this 'piece of software' I would imagine will be pretty big in the simming world. Anything else just wouldn't be PMDG.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator