Sign in to follow this  
cirurgiao

Payware doesn't work with MS FSX: Acceleration

I installed FSX (with its activation key) then Acceleration Pack (with its own activation key). Everything works fine but...When I installed a payware (Wx-Radar - RealityXP) it really doesn't work; there is even a warning during installation that SP1 is needed.I know that Acceleration Pack and SP1 can't work and since I really don't think that Acceleration Pack is a MUST for me I went to Add/Remove Programs and to my surprise there was only a Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Acceleration.I thought that there should be the following:Microsoft Flight Simulator XMicrosoft Flight Simulator X Accelerationso I could uninstall the Acceleration Pack and still keep FSX.Questions:1) is there a way to uninstall Acceleration Pack and mantain FSX?2) or when uninstalling Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Acceleration ALL FSX will be removed?Tks and sorry if this issue was already answered in another topic

The Reality XP weather radar works fine with Acceleration. Some older installers may warn you that SP1 is needed, but just ignore that.If you are having problems with the radar in a specific plane post the details and maybe someone can help.I don't see why you would want to uninstall the Acceleration pack, but the simplest thing to do would be uninstall completely, then reinstall FSX and the service packs.

The Reality XP weather radar works fine with Acceleration. Some older installers may warn you that SP1 is needed, but just ignore that.If you are having problems with the radar in a specific plane post the details and maybe someone can help.I don't see why you would want to uninstall the Acceleration pack, but the simplest thing to do would be uninstall completely, then reinstall FSX and the service packs.

Tks for a very very quick answer.I really don't want to uninstall Acceleration but I thought that to have a payware (Reality XP) that doesn't work because of it...To go to specifics:I installed it in FSX default Baron and the gauge became "blurry" and it doesn'r work. I didn't try to install it in another planeMy equip: Win7-SP1 (I7-2600 + 16GB RAM + Gainward GTX260)And tks again for your help

Can you post a screenshot that shows the problem?This is what it looks like in the default Baron on my computer (Win7 SP1 and FSX+Acceleration):

Regarding uninstalling FSX: Acceleration: Indeed, once that's installed, you will see no uninstall entry for FSX itself. However, once you uninstall Acceleration close the Add/Remove Programs windows and reopen it. FSX should now be listed there instead of the Acceleration pack.Don't worry about addons saying they need SP1. These were made at the time that Acceleration/SP2 probably just didn't exist. See it as a "minimum requirement". Most of them work just fine.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

For clarification, on XP Control Pane|Add or Remove Programs shows:As stated, neither Service Pack 1 nor FSX can be removed separately.

For clarification, on XP Control Pane|Add or Remove Programs shows:As stated, neither  Service Pack 1  nor FSX can be removed separately.