Sign in to follow this  
Rexxxy

J41 FMS crash when entering STAR

I am getting a CTD when entering STAR details for YMML, some STARs work, some do not resulting in CTD, for instance Arrival YMML -> STAR BADGR -> BADGR2 (I think that is it) then select runway and bam Windows circley thing (egg timer in XP) and then CTD. Other STAR for YMML have worked though. So is this an out of date Navigraph file I am using or some such. I have had the J41 for a while but have only just started playing with the FMS, as this is causing a CTD I am wary to use the J41 on Vatsim with FMS.The only thing I have updated recently was the magnetic updates. I also read in this forum that it may be a good idea to delete older .rte flight plans such as the tutorial flight plan, I am reluctant to do that as I am still learning the FMS.Thanks in advance.

It's probably just an old buggy AIRAC cycle.Have you modified the Navdata at any point for something?

I haven't updated any of the nav info, other than magnetic variation update. I doubt this could be a cause, I have been wrong before though :)

The PMDG J41 doesn't utilize the FSX default navdata, but custom data provided from PMDG or Navigraph.Sounds like the ol' navdata file got corrupted (Flight Sim Directory/PMDG/Navdata) on install, or perhaps by another corrupted install of another PMDG addon hooped things up.Try a re-install and report back.

I have actually received a reply via support ticket with a trick PMDG have up their sleeve, gonna test tonight ;)

This issue has been resolved, thanks PMDG support :)