Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

OT: Best GA scenery and aircraft combo

OrbX scenery, regardless where, with Ozx/Ants freeware scenery. Marcel Felde's DA20, any A2A accusim release, if you have the horsepower in your PC, you might want to look at the Flight1 T182T. Ant's Airplanes Tiger Moth or Tecnam. Don't forget to check out the Real Air B60/B60T. If you go for a Carenado, check in the forum for the in many cases necessary tweaks to get the flight model closer to the real world. Remember to have fun. :)Andrew

Orbx scenery with anything from Realair. I love the Turbine but have been flying standard B60 more often. Orbx Lancair is great too....Carenado I don't rate so high. Aerosoft Katanya is a whole new experience if you can live with the slowish cruise speed.

-Iain Watson-

Guest acezboy561

I would say ORBX GOLD + YPMQ? Maybe with the Carenado AC114? Im waiting for my copy of YPMQ to arrive, but looking at the screenies, its unreal!

Gents,I've spent almost all of my flightsim time in the flight levels, and while I enjoy this immensely, I'm aware that there is a large body of general aviation add-on developers out there producing good work. I have tried exactly none of these, and know little to nothing about what's hot and what's not. (I'm the first to admit that's a disgrace, by the way!)So, here's the question: If you could pick one GA aircraft and Scenery combo that really captured all the joys of GA flying in FSX, what would they be, and why? Payware, freeware, I don't mind. I really see myself as more of an airliner guy, but I'd like a little "weekend getaway" sort of environment where I could try my hand at the basics, and do a few cross countries of an hour or so duration maybe.Your advice is much appreciated!
Hi,you can't go wrong with ORBX, never mind Carenado...their planes are full of bugs! In my opinion the Real Air Duke and Orbx Lancair are the best! Go for the Real Air first if you have the cash...David DD

well I jsut got the Katana and dont know what to say. I got it at midnight and was only going to make sure it worked before I went to bed, its now 3am and I have been drooling on my keyboard for the entire time. I can honestly say Ive never seen anything like this in any sim ever!. Ive never had a real aircraft (could not get a licence even if I had the money lying around due to having only 1 good eye) this may just be the best thing to happen to me in FSX.I have not even taken off yet, im trying to get used to the maintainece and learning to check the oil etc. I love how it makes me feel like its something I own that needs tender loving care, heck you can even vacum and clean the windows!I really must go to bed lol.

Any of the ORBX stuff (regions before airports, but get at least one airport for your region(s) and the A2A Accusim Piper Cub. It's fantastic in every way.-stefan

The Katana is pretty fracking amazing for a "simple" GA - I'd say it's the most comprehensive plane to date.I also like:Orbx LancairRealair Duke (turbine and piston)Lotus L39Flight1 T182 and C510 MustangEaglesoft Citation X

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Megascenery Socal, Megascenery Las Vegas with Aerosoft Las Vegas on top and Megascenery Hawai with Aerosoft Dillingham AFB (my absolute favorite)with avsim freeware files for Oahu scenery objects. Megascenery looks awesome when you are at 2000 ft or above. UtX street lights and a nice dawn/dusk theme but not exaggerated, ridiculously wrong coloured ones from REX (better use small "independant" programs). Planes Real Air Scout (wonderful at side slips), Real Air Duke, Real Air SF260 (actually not possible in fsx but somehow it spins), A2A Piper, Digital Aviation Do 27. Carenado have nice grapics, but rest is boring. Helicopter Dodosim 206 (high end helicopter; when you manhandle this helicopter you know the basics how a helicopter works; I use it very often for low and slow flying).