Sign in to follow this  

My quick thought on what NGX can't miss

Hi,I know that is too late to express a wish but considering patch releases I think that's not too late.

• I recommend PMDG to bear in mind that nowdays many users play games / simulators on resolutions 1920*1080 and above so please let the textures of gauges be readable also within high resolutions. I am not referring to glareshield section, I am refering to EICAS one instead. 3rd party add ons EICASs, even most recent ones like f.i. Airbus X , have the EICAS texts unreadable in VC @ 1920*1080. The only way to read them is keeping on zooming in and out.

• Please take much care about VNAV. LNAV is always well reproduced but , when speaking about VNAV ....., every single 3rd party add on has some serious issues on VNAV, always, BTW that's one of the most used feature both in reality and on simulators. Also the VNAV interaction with A/T and FMC speed/altitude contraints !!!

• Another fundamental feature, speaking about jets, is the ILS. Please take care about it, many 3rd party add ons have some kind of issues on the ILS.

• If a knob is not perfectly working that could be easily fixed in a patch but if VNAV, ILS and graphic resolution are messed up , well, the simulation is going to sink for ever like airbus X and its tremendous bugs like throttle, autoland and nose sink....in fact airbus X ADVANCED will be released the next 2012 spring to fix the unfixable, beside a missing FMCDU of course.

Thanks for reading and taking careP.S. now the silly bullet : can we expect the release of 737 NGX within the end of August ? :) -

I take it you have never owned any PMDG aircraft Mark because if you had you wouldn't be asking any of those questions.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi,I know that is too late to express a wish but considering patch releases I think that's not too late.
  • I recommend PMDG to bear in mind that nowdays many users play games / simulators on resolutions 1920*1080 and above so please let the textures of gauges be readable also within high resolutions. I am not referring to glareshield section, I am refering to EICAS one instead. 3rd party add ons EICASs, even most recent ones like f.i. Airbus X , have the EICAS texts unreadable in VC @ 1920*1080. The only way to read them is keeping on zooming in and out.

• Please take much care about VNAV. LNAV is always well reproduced but , when speaking about VNAV ....., every single 3rd party add on has some serious issues on VNAV, always, BTW that's one of the most used feature both in reality and on simulators. Also the VNAV interaction with A/T and FMC speed/altitude contraints !!!

• Another fundamental feature, speaking about jets, is the ILS. Please take care about it, many 3rd party add ons have some kind of issues on the ILS.

• If a knob is not perfectly working that could be easily fixed in a patch but if VNAV, ILS and graphic resolution are messed up , well, the simulation is going to sink for ever like airbus X and its tremendous bugs like throttle, autoland and nose sink....in fact airbus X ADVANCED will be released the next 2012 spring to fix the unfixable, beside a missing FMCDU of course.

Thanks for reading and taking careP.S. now the silly bullet : can we expect the release of 737 NGX within the end of August ? :) -

?

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

-

VNAV. LNAV has always been top noch with the PMDG.... well better than other add-on aircraft I have used.They are also working on this even more on the new NGX, so we will have to see wait an see.