Sign in to follow this  
Matt00

PMDG - How you communicate among each other?

Sorry, but what´s wrong with you all?? That was a normal question? I think the communication is very difficult since they live far away from each other!I think there are much more stupid questions in this forum!!
Communication difficult? For us is easy and we are a third world country.

We use several mediums - Email, skype, MSN, phone calls/text, and actual in-person meetings in several cases. (myself, RSR, Paul, and Vin were there for the photo survey for instance)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thank you Ryan for your fair reply!I was just wondering that you all can produce such a high quality bird though you have - let´s call them - communication limitations. Because personal meetings - which take place once in a blue moon - are always better than any other medium such as Skype or MSN. I do not know why the others tease me because as I said it´s probably quite difficult to work together. I know that from my study. You cannot say: "Robert, take a look on my results immediately". Because Robert or other members are at work and then it will be evening or days later until someone can give an constructive criticism. Am I right?

Robet and Ryan prefer ... the ocassional use of the carrier pigeons for media transfer.
That isn't as silly as it sounds. ;)Best regards,Robin.

We use several mediums - Email, skype, MSN, phone calls/text, and actual in-person meetings in several cases. (myself, RSR, Paul, and Vin were there for the photo survey for instance)
Well do you all end up having any hard communication challenges? What are they, if any? And what do you all do to cope with them? It seems very interesting to me that you all can live so far away and still be able to do this.

Well do you all end up having any hard communication challenges? What are they, if any? And what do you all do to cope with them? It seems very interesting to me that you all can live so far away and still be able to do this.
I dont understand what you and the OP think the communication challenges are when you have modern technology like Ryan mentioned. It's not very hard to upload stuff to their servers, send and receive email, talk on the phone or via Skype, etc. I can see the challenges if this were 20 years ago, but in this day and age it doesn't seem like there is much difficulty, aside from the fact that they are in a lot of different time zones and some maybe sleeping while others are awake.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I dont understand what you and the OP think the communication challenges are when you have modern technology like Ryan mentioned. It's not very hard to upload stuff to their servers, send and receive email, talk on the phone or via Skype, etc. I can see the challenges if this were 20 years ago, but in this day and age it doesn't seem like there is much difficulty, aside from the fact that they are in a lot of different time zones and some maybe sleeping while others are awake.
You also left out wonderful things like TeamViewer and remote desktop, where you can actually see what someone else is doing in real time. Modern technology does nothing but foster communication across the globe.

Joe Sherrill

Difficulties in communication? Nah, we are pretty hi-tech when it comes to working together as a team, what Ryan said, MSN, Skype, iPhones, etc. The only challenge we sometimes have is different time zones but generally the majority of time we get things done when it has to be done, nothing is impossible in today's technology age.Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

iPhones
Android for me tho. tongue.gif I'm getting my HTC Sensation tomorrow actually - going to be glad to be rid of the slow original Droid I've had for 2 years.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Android for me tho. tongue.gif I'm getting my HTC Sensation tomorrow actually - going to be glad to be rid of the slow original Droid I've had for 2 years.
How could you hate the original droid, I have the droid 2 which was given to me under best buy black tie protection, I would gladly take my original back. Back to the topic.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

I've had a Samsung Galaxy (T-Mobil) for almost a year now and love it, plus its very slim. I almost bought an iPhone instead since I have an iPod Touch and an iPad, but frankly the only reason I didn't get it was because I would have to switch to At&T. Overall its been a great phone as was my last Andriod phone prior to that.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hello PMDG-Team!As far as I know some (or all?) members of PMDG do not live in the nearer neighbourhood. So i am wondering how you communicate and handle the business meetings. Therefore I (or we) would like to know:- How far you live away from each other?- How you communicate usually? Traditional via Skype, Mail etc.?- How often do the PMDG members meet personally?- Does the huge (is it huge?) distance effect the working speed?
Perhaps PMDG uses smoke signals to communicate interally? :( Cheers,BB

How could you hate the original droid, I have the droid 2 which was given to me under best buy black tie protection, I would gladly take my original back. Back to the topic.
It's just too slow at this point for me compared to the new stuff. It felt slow even a few months later when the Nexus One and the Evo 4G came out.I love that it has stock Android and all of that, but the specs just aren't cutting it anymore - 256MB of RAM, 600MHz old generation CPU etc. I've rooted it and tried out Gingerbread ROMs, overclocking etc, but nothing made it feel as smooth as any of the newer phones.Motorola turned into a bunch of crap after the original Droid I think too - that Blur UI on everything since is horrible. I tried a Droid X2 the other day and it felt super laggy all because of that UI. I actually kinda like HTC Sense though, so I'm fine with that on the Sensation. Sensation is getting an unlocked bootloader shortly anyway, so it'll be a moot point, I can just install whatever I want.I do wish Google would just put their foot down though and force the handset makers to provide a stock Android experience alongside whatever custom UI thing they want to do to differentiate the phone. You should have the option to run bare Android if that's what you want.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

It's just too slow at this point for me compared to the new stuff. It felt slow even a few months later when the Nexus One and the Evo 4G came out.I love that it has stock Android and all of that, but the specs just aren't cutting it anymore - 256MB of RAM, 600MHz old generation CPU etc. I've rooted it and tried out Gingerbread ROMs, overclocking etc, but nothing made it feel as smooth as any of the newer phones.Motorola turned into a bunch of crap after the original Droid I think too - that Blur UI on everything since is horrible. I tried a Droid X2 the other day and it felt super laggy all because of that UI. I actually kinda like HTC Sense though, so I'm fine with that on the Sensation. Sensation is getting an unlocked bootloader shortly anyway, so it'll be a moot point, I can just install whatever I want.I do wish Google would just put their foot down though and force the handset makers to provide a stock Android experience alongside whatever custom UI thing they want to do to differentiate the phone. You should have the option to run bare Android if that's what you want.
Got to agree the new Androids are lovely. I got a Samsung Galaxy S (1, 2 came out recently) and it is really fast. Only thing that bothers me is that it only has 339MB RAM while AutoCAD application needs 512MB, so that's a nono... But lovely phones these Androids, and much easier to use than iPhones IMO!