Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

PMDG Beech 1900c VC rain effect

Hello, After a few years of it sitting in storage, I finally got around to installing the 1900c in to FSX. After fixing all of the things recommended at PMDG, I still have one issue - rain produces a distorted view in the VC. Maybe I modified something with the vc rain effect a while ago to remedy the problem of it not appearing in FSX. Or maybe, I never applied that tweak and that is why I am having an issue.Either way, can someone point me in the direction of where I should look for a fix. I don't see anything that is relevant at the PMDG forum.I think I had this aircrtaft installed in Sp1 and I didn't have this issue.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I think this will fix the problem http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library DL the Virtual Cockpit Rain fix.
Thanks. That did the trick. I am actually surprised that I had not applied the fix earlier since I have had Acceleration installed since the fall of 2009.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

How is it flying the 1900c in FSX? I was thinking of getting it, is why.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

How is it flying the 1900c in FSX? I was thinking of getting it, is why.
The 1900C transfers to FSX well. The only thing you need to do is download a FSX prop texture (available at AVSIM) and apply the VC rain fix. Of course, you will have to modify the aircraft.cfg entries a bit to keep things organized in FSX. Search the PMDG forums for a specific process to import it. With the 1900D, you have to do the same but it does not perform as well in FSX and the VC is very similar to the default King Air. Furthermore, there is a hole in the 1900D vc panel in FSX that I have no idea how to fix. So, in the end, the 1900C is a decent option for a simple turboprop in FSX. It operates similarly to the default aircraft, it may seem a little dated but it is decent if you need an aircraft that fills that role. The night lighting is nice in the vc - better than some of the stuff that is released today. The 1900C, however, does not have that many repaints available. I originally bought it for FS9 so I have had it sitting in storage for a while. I just bought Latin VFR Key West so I thought it would work well with it. It does.Skip the 1900D.I should mention that the Latin VFR KEYW is very nice. They seem to be getting better with every release. If you like tropical scenery in the US, Mexico or Caribbean, it is a must buy. That type of scenery happens to be my weak point but still, their KEYW is much better than their Cayman package (I think that was their first). I honestly see these guys moving closer to the top tier of developers in the future. They started at the Tropicalsim level but they are really upping their game. Furthermore, their support forums are cordial and responsive and they are releasing scenery as fast as anyone could possible hope for. LatinVFR is the group to keep your eye on if you like scenery in that part of the world.EDIT: BTW, the 1900C pulls to the left a lot more in FSX than it did in FS9. You need to get used to it before hand flying is doable.

I should mention that the Latin VFR KEYW is very nice. They seem to be getting better with every release. If you like tropical scenery in the US, Mexico or Caribbean, it is a must buy. That type of scenery happens to be my weak point but still, their KEYW is much better than their Cayman package (I think that was their first). I honestly see these guys moving closer to the top tier of developers in the future. They started at the Tropicalsim level but they are really upping their game. Furthermore, their support forums are cordial and responsive and they are releasing scenery as fast as anyone could possible hope for. LatinVFR is the group to keep your eye on if you like scenery in that part of the world.
I was wondering about their Key West scenery. I didn't even know they did it until I started reading the fight between Intersim and LatinVFR that has been posted all over the FSDT and Intersim forums the last few days. Hard to believe all that has transpired between those two companies.To top if off, the LatinVFR drama has also shown up in the FlyTampa forum in this thread started by George of FT where they have suggested that LatinVFR has used some of thier textures in some of their projects: http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4834First it was Intersim accusing them of stealing their KEYW and now FlyTampa has them on the hook for borrowing their textures to complete the project. I guess if I am going to buy it, I better do so before there is a chance its pulled from Simmarket.BTW, how is the performance at KEWY? Since its such a short runway I will probably be limited to flying the JS4100 into their until the PMDG NGX is released. Not so sure if I can get the LDS 767 in and out of their, although I haven't looked at the airport enough to even know what the actual lenght of the runway is, but it looks pretty short.POST EDIT: Here's the link to the fight if your interested in reading it: http://intersimstudios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=255

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The largest aircraft that go in to KEYW are 737-700 and A319. FPS are good but I think some of the cruise ships slow things down a bit. The autogen placement and the water textures are really nice as well as the hotels that they created along the approach. They did include some static aircraft but their quality is good. I had a hard time distinguishing between the static aircraft and my AI. I do wish, however, that they included the Cubana AN24 and DC3 that have been sitting on the apron for a couple of years with their statics. I generally frown upon static aircraft in this day and age but if there is enough parking to accommodate my ridiculous amount of AI and they look nice, I guess they are a positive thing.As for the drama, The dude from Intersim seems to be a piece of work and I would bet that the issue with Flytampa was an oversight. Honestly, are any of the textures actually ground breaking? Was FT working on a KEYW and LatinVFR stole it from them? Not that I am aware of. Yes, they should probably apologize and patch but their ability to produce a nice KEYW was not dependant on the textures from Flytampa. Not even being a developer, I still have a ton of textures on my system and I could see how someone could make a mistake or one of their designers could have gotten lazy and plagiarized a bit. It doesn't excuse it but I wouldn't throw a developer under the bus because of it.After being in their forums a bit, I feel that they are truly trying to do a good job, make scenery that people want and solve problems quickly when the come up. They seem to have a smaller ego than many of the developers out there.

The largest aircraft that go in to KEYW are 737-700 and A319. FPS are good but I think some of the cruise ships slow things down a bit. The autogen placement and the water textures are really nice as well as the hotels that they created along the approach. They did include some static aircraft but their quality is good. I had a hard time distinguishing between the static aircraft and my AI. I do wish, however, that they included the Cubana AN24 and DC3 that have been sitting on the apron for a couple of years with their statics. I generally frown upon static aircraft in this day and age but if there is enough parking to accommodate my ridiculous amount of AI and they look nice, I guess they are a positive thing.
Yeah the 737 was what I though the largest thing was according to what I saw on Flightaware. Guess I could just fly the J41 their in the mean time. I dont mind static AI much if they are well done. Some static like those that belong to some of the Imaginesim airports look really bad. I suppose the ones at KEWY you could always remove if they have their own seperate bgl's.Good to hear performance is good. I was hoping someone would do a nice job in Kew West at some point since the default is really boring.
As for the drama, The dude from Intersim seems to be a piece of work and I would bet that the issue with Flytampa was an oversight. Honestly, are any of the textures actually ground breaking? Was FT working on a KEYW and LatinVFR stole it from them? Not that I am aware of. Yes, they should probably apologize and patch but their ability to produce a nice KEYW was not dependant on the textures from Flytampa. Not even being a developer, I still have a ton of textures on my system and I could see how someone could make a mistake or one of their designers could have gotten lazy and plagiarized a bit. It doesn't excuse it but I wouldn't throw a developer under the bus because of it.After being in their forums a bit, I feel that they are truly trying to do a good job, make scenery that people want and solve problems quickly when the come up. They seem to have a smaller ego than many of the developers out there.
Like you said, hopefully the FlyTampa texture was just an oversite on their part. I really like LatinVFR and Richardo has always been very nice and quick to help if a problem came up. Hopefully they can get it cleared up with FlyTampa and move on. As for the Intersim guys, I dont have much to say except that I think they should just go to work and finish one of the many projects they have been talking about for some time, like maybe KMIA.

Thanks for the informative post on the 1900! I was actually hoping for the 1900D, because Continental uses it to fly to Key West. Is the hole big and noticeable when you normally fly the aircraft? I don't see whether the D is an addon for the C... Do they work separately, or do you need to have one to get the other to work?As for Key West, I was actually a beta tester of it. Well, sort of. Ricardo is so quick to release stuff that I didn't have the time to look at the FSX version before release, since I suddenly swamped with work right then. I feel a bit disappointed at Ricardo though, to hear that textures of FlyTampa were actually used in Key West, mainly because it's a really nice scenery. I love it that he included these traffic sound effect when flying low over the island. It adds so much! And the reefs and shallows look very, very good. At the moment, however, Ricardo and I are troubleshooting some very strange FPS loss. Whenever I look at the airport, my FPS is effectively half of what it could be, but when I look at any other part of the island, including the cruise ships, FPS is 25+. To be honest, the cranes and cruise ships never seemed to make much of a difference on my setup... For now it seems the bushes have a huge impact, but I hope to god that the problem stems from something else since I wouldn't like the bushes to go.To be specific, if I park my plane at the center of the runway and am aligned with the runway, looking straight ahead, my FPS is roughly 16. When I look straight backwards, the FPS is roughly 16. When I look left or right, it's easily 25+. So something at the start aand end of the runway is causing these issues. Just not at all sure what it could be...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

To be specific, if I park my plane at the center of the runway and am aligned with the runway, looking straight ahead, my FPS is roughly 16. When I look straight backwards, the FPS is roughly 16. When I look left or right, it's easily 25+. So something at the start aand end of the runway is causing these issues. Just not at all sure what it could be...
I flew in there last night. On the approach for RWY9 from the north, I experience the FPS drop when I line up with the runway. The FPS pick up when I get closer to the airport.

Same here, regarding the fps. I came in with the Maddog and I think that the too high modelled friction in FSX actually helped he a lot (didn't check the rw length before :().But there's something around those rw ends that gives a huge fps drop for some reason while the rest is close to zero impact here.We're totally off topic though.

I'm done some more testing - he bushes are definitely the problem. Try removing EYWbusheast1b.bgl and vegetationotherEYW.bgl and the FPS will not have nearly so big a drop as before. I have emailed this to Ricardo and asked if he could make a "low-bush" version, in which only bushes along the beach and some bushes at the runway ends are included, but not nearly as much as is the case now. Hopefully this will then give a good balance of bushes vs. performance.As for the Beech 1900, do I have to buy the C to use the D, or cna I buy the D regardless of if I have the C installed or not?

Benjamin van Soldt

I'm done some more testing - he bushes are definitely the problem. Try removing EYWbusheast1b.bgl and vegetationotherEYW.bgl and the FPS will not have nearly so big a drop as before. I have emailed this to Ricardo and asked if he could make a "low-bush" version, in which only bushes along the beach and some bushes at the runway ends are included, but not nearly as much as is the case now. Hopefully this will then give a good balance of bushes vs. performance.
Interesting informantion. I think I am going to go ahead and get it now and give it a shot. I'm confident that Richardo can get it patched up rather quickly if that is indeed the problem.
make a "low-bush" version
They were hoping for that back in the 70's as well :( :( Sorry couldn't resist, that was one of the funniest comments I had seen posted in a while.

They were hoping for that back in the 70's as well :( :(
Weren't the 70's known for big bushes?