Sign in to follow this  
Artem Crum

iFly B737 module

Presenting you the new contribution into our project:iFly B737 (all variants) module for LINDA by Helge Rasmussen.Download:iFly-737-v1 (zip)

To install it just download and unpack the files into */FSX/Modules folder.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

This awesome news guys, Helge you are the best, thank you so much for all the hard work, I am at work right now but now I can't wait to get home, Artem not sure on the donation part can you give me an idea where the paypal function is, get back to you tonight with results, thanks again guys. :( :( Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

Couple of notes about this module after the quick inspection:1. This module still need to be tested (should work, but there could be some quirks about it)2. Module is pretty simple at the moment, it doesn't use the advantages of MCP display (AP syncs though)3. Module is based on mouse macros which is not the best way of doing things (and may have some unexpected quirks too)Anyway, Helge, congratulations with the first module! :(

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

"it doesn't use the advantages of MCP display" Could you explain this a bit this is all new to me (and the mouse macros) ????Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

Not sure what you mean Artem. All displays work (SPD, HDG, ALT plus VS and CRS when changed).I haven't found any buttons not working except for TERR (not supported by iFly 737) and HDGHLD plus CMDC which are not found on the 737.There are a few buttons on the 737 that I did not find room for in on the MCP Combo: C/O (switch to and from MACH), Bank angle selector, RADIO/BARO on EFIS, IN/HPa on EFIS, FO course dial and FD.Currently I put Fire warn reset and Master Warn reset plus autobrake setting on the user buttons in the radio part. I am not sure that these are the best choices, but that's easily changed.

Helge Rasmussen

Helge, SPD, HDG, ALT plus VS and CRS is not the only info that could be displayed :-)It's not a criticism in any case. Just the notice, that there is some space for further enhancements.Look inside JS41 module and search for DspShow calls to see what I mean.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Hi Guys:I do not need all the bells and whistles just need the common functions to work, that would be great, Helge do these functions work EFIS:

• Toggle S/Ws for VOR1,2/ADF1,2.
  • Knob S/Ws for MINS, BARO, CTR ; ND mode selector and TFC.
  • Push buttons for FPV, MTR, WXR, NAVAID, WPT, ARPT, DATA

Thank you so much Guys.Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

I do not need all the bells and whistles just need the common functions to work, that would be great, Helge do these functions work
Russians say that man get used to the good things quickly... Meaning that after you got used, you will miss all those "bells and whistles" if you loose them :(
EFIS:
  • Toggle S/Ws for VOR1,2/ADF1,2.
  • Knob S/Ws for MINS, BARO, CTR ; ND mode selector and TFC.
  • Push buttons for FPV, MTR, WXR, NAVAID, WPT, ARPT, DATA

All functions for that are there. Cannot test them myself because don't own the iFly, but it seems that everything is prepared for your pleasure. :(

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Yup all those functions are there.I will have a look at the j41 and also wait for feedback before making more changes.I want to fly a bit with the setup as well :DHelge

Helge Rasmussen

I want to fly a bit with the setup as well
What a naughty wish: I haven't made a normal, boring, standard, just-for-fun flight since several month - thanks to LINDA :biggrin:Artem ... how was it about you?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is great news Guys, Artem I know what you mean especially when you get used to the program and you start looking for more out of it eventually, Helge thanks again buddy - almost time to go home yeah. :( :( Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

Artem ... how was it about you?
3 month :wacko:But this was a good wait not to whine about the NGX delays :(

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Yes, that true: LINDA saved me from getting crazy about the NGX :(

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Discussion with Richard is moved to the separate topic: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/338434-problems-running-linda-for-the-first-time/

Artem Crum, EASA PPL