Sign in to follow this  
europrodave

Has Anyone Used this Tweaking Tool?

HI All.Just curious if there is any feedback from anyone using this:Tweaking and Tuning tool for (FSX SP2/Accel - ESP/Prepar3D)http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html I wondering if it helps the "not so computer savvy" Simmer to get the best out of my FS.Any and all feedback would be appreciated.Thank you in advance.

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

yes. Suggest you use the search function to see what the responses were.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

It works great, ******* knows more about the interworking of the FSX.cfg than almost anyone I know. Just rebuilt my system and when done I used this tool to tweak the cfg, I have GREAT frames. Highly suggest you use this.Bob Johnson

HI All.Just curious if there is any feedback from anyone using this:Tweaking and Tuning tool for (FSX SP2/Accel - ESP/Prepar3D)http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html I wondering if it helps the "not so computer savvy" Simmer to get the best out of my FS.Any and all feedback would be appreciated.Thank you in advance.
It didn't help at all here.Quite the opposite.In my case following Nick's guide did the trick.

Worked great for me, even though I had manually done a lot of tweaking beforehand.You can always save a copy of your fsx.cfg file so that you can go back to that in the event it doesn't help.. ..G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Helped a lot on my previous system with a Q9650 @ 3GHz and an 8800GT, but my new Sandy Bridge-based system performs better without these tweaks.

Helped a lot on my previous system with a Q9650 @ 3GHz and an 8800GT, but my new Sandy Bridge-based system performs better without these tweaks.
Same here with the exception of the 'bufferpools' reject threshold...which does seem to help in turns.Other than that I noticed no improvements and just blurry terrain in the distance.Other than the bufferpools section plus some personal preferences, I am running a clean fsx.cfg with FSX locked at 30FPS internally.

I think Bojote's FSX tweaking tool is great for folks with less than optimal systems, it worked wonders for me on my older system.With newer systems, however, like the one in my signature, I have found using only one tweak: HIGHMEXFIX=1 to be the most beneficial.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Yes, I have had very noticable improvements on a new relatively 'state of the art' rig and would highly recommend trying this site. I am not sure what tweak(s) did the trick but the change was dramatic under heavy load. My system was smooth under normal load but started to slow down with complex addon aircraft and dense scenery areas before. After his tweaks, my system is now smooth under all situations.My system:I7 2600K @3.4 GHZGTX5808 GIG RAMWin7 64bit

This tool is genius. I'm not savvy on what all the individual tweaks mean, but I CAN tell you that it eliminated all my blurries and bumped my FPS up 25%. I've been doing a lot of flying lately-- both GA and heavy metal-- and at all altitudes, the land textures are absolutely crisp. Prior to running my cfg through the system, I had horrible blurries and frames were all over the place with microstutters. Afterwards, it was like a new game. I'm also using *******' Shader 3 mod, and that's contributed to overall performance and appearance improvements as well.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.