Sign in to follow this  
TopGun

Recommended settings (ASv6.5 and Active Sky Graphics)

Good afternoon, Below are my system specs: Alienware Aurora_R2 Intel i5 CPU 760@2.8GHz 6.00 GB Ram Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit) Service Pack1 ATI Radeon HD 5670 (1024 MB) Graphics settings: Anti-aliasing 8X Anisotropic Filtering 8X Catalyst AI: Standard MipMap Detail: Quality Anti-Aliasing Mode: Adaptive Multi-Sample AA I'm running FS9 on the above setup with smooth as silk performance in most situations (complex scenery and 100%AI are basically a non issue). However, throw a heavy mix of clouds in the equation and the frames drop to mid teens (locked at 40), with the accompanying stutters, etc. I've tried a few different settings (limiting cloud layers, using DXT clouds to name a few), but it still yields the same results in heavy cloud situations. With a light cloud layer, it's smooth as silk, but now that thunderstorm season has started (with the CB buildups), I'm trying to get the most realistic environment without compromising the fluidity. Can you please provide some recommendations in order for me to enjoy a more fluid experience with the above system using ASv6.5 and Active Sky Graphics. Btw, I'm using all the latest driver updates and FS9 is updated also.Thanks for any advice.J.C. (MYNN)

Hi,What is your cloud draw distance set to in FS?