Sign in to follow this  
mdexter

Addon to make natural movements and bumps?

Hi all,Is there software to make the aircraft have natural looking bumps etc from the cockpit, for example showing little bumps and natural movements etc when you takeoff down the runway for example.I hear Ezdok will do something like this but I believe it changes camera views as well, just wanted the slight bumpy camera look and movement without changing camera views etc.Any software addon that will do this??Many thanks in advance......

Hi all,Is there software to make the aircraft have natural looking bumps etc from the cockpit, for example showing little bumps and natural movements etc when you takeoff down the runway for example.I hear Ezdok will do something like this but I believe it changes camera views as well, just wanted the slight bumpy camera look and movement without changing camera views etc.Any software addon that will do this??Many thanks in advance......
HelloEzdok is what you need, simply outstanding.If you dont want the camera views then just dont set them up.

HelloEzdok is what you need, simply outstanding.If you dont want the camera views then just dont set them up.
Ok, I hear its very hard to setup, is there a screen shot that shows the config without the cameras, I have seen a couple of vids but doesnt show it without the cameras on, a bit wary to buy it as so many are saying the setup is full on, if somone has a quick tutorial to have the movements without the cams i'll go for it....many thanks

Do you have TrackIR, Dexter?Get EZCA, load it up, and then come back here: one of us will walk you through it without the camera setup. There's also a great "How-to" posted by another member here, too - I forget who at this is at the moment (sorry!), but we can dig it up for you as well.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

FSPS' new 3D cockpit effect seems nice.
...but it's "jerky" and doesn't support TrackIR. "They're working on it". It also doesn't hold a candle in comparison to EZCA.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Ok, I hear its very hard to setup, is there a screen shot that shows the config without the cameras, I have seen a couple of vids but doesnt show it without the cameras on, a bit wary to buy it as so many are saying the setup is full on, if somone has a quick tutorial to have the movements without the cams i'll go for it....many thanks
These videos do a great job of explaining how to set up EZDOK. Once you get it set up, you won't want to fly without it! http://www.simforums.com/forums/my-ezdok-setup-videos_topic38637.html

NAX669.png

This is something I was wondering about. Is it really possible to set up EZDOK without the camera views ? i.e. just apply the movement effects to the existing FSX views, maintaining existing view switch/pan controls etc. Everything I've read so far suggests EZDOK replaces all your views/controls, and is not always that easy to back out. I've also heard problems with e.g. EZDOK screwing up the hat switch control for panning, and don't want to mess up my existing view setup. But I really would like the vibration/turbulence effects.It would be really helpful if someone could post instructions on how to do this, if it is possible.

I've also wondered about EZDOK's effect on FPS. I have elected to run FSX in a 3 undocked window environment because I enjoy the resolution (1920 X 1080) and can't yet afford the second graphics card to allow me to set up NVIDIA's surround. I am therefore living with FPS values around 17 to 30 depending upon where I fly. I must watch carefully what and how many ADDONs I place on my system at this point. Hopefully someone has done some analysis on the EZDOK FPS effect and can share that information here.Thanks!John

This is something I was wondering about. Is it really possible to set up EZDOK without the camera views ? i.e. just apply the movement effects to the existing FSX views, maintaining existing view switch/pan controls etc. Everything I've read so far suggests EZDOK replaces all your views/controls, and is not always that easy to back out. I've also heard problems with e.g. EZDOK screwing up the hat switch control for panning, and don't want to mess up my existing view setup. But I really would like the vibration/turbulence effects.It would be really helpful if someone could post instructions on how to do this, if it is possible.
Dick, Check the video link I've posted above. I think it will help answer your questions.

NAX669.png

Hi Mike - yes, I had see the videos before, and they are excellent, but they do seem to indicate that the only way you can get the EZDOK motion effects is to install the EZDOK views/controls, which is not what I want to do. In fact it specifically states that the effects have to be imported and applied to each EZDOK view. I don't believe you can just set up the EZDOK effects to work with the FSX views controls. Or are you saying you can just bypass the Setup videos 1-3 and just go straight to the Effects Setup videos ? It doesn't look that way to me. But I could well be missing something.

The effects are defined per view in EZDOK. You cannot use them without the views.

The effects are defined per view in EZDOK. You cannot use them without the views.
HelloBut you can make the Ezdok views exactly the same as the views already defined in the Aircraft.cfg.So in a way you wont even notice any difference apart from the movement.

HelloBut you can make the Ezdok views exactly the same as the views already defined in the Aircraft.cfg.So in a way you wont even notice any difference apart from the movement.
Same here as Mad Dog said, Could I use EZDOK and keep the same views that the aircraft.cfg camera definitions uses for each aircraft, is there a way of loading up those views and cameras instead of the new views that this program apparently creates??Many thanks P.S I just read another post about DBS Walk and Follow: (Quote)Free tool for editing stored in file cameras definitons and export WalkAndFollow cameras into fixed cameras in global simulator cameras list or flights/aircraft files (for use stored position as "free tower" with aircraft track or for send stored placed in scenery to users, who not have DBS Walk And Follow software).Does DBS allow you to save newly created external camera definitions that I could save back into the aircraft.cfg at all??Many thanks......