Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

How to run Linda

To Artem/Günter: Can we see in the log somehow if my lua functions gets called and if it runs the macro? Any special debug settings that should be enabled to see that?
Sorry, no. I was trying to do that, but faced some problems unresolvable without major restructure the whole Lua engine.The only way to see if function is really called is to insert _log('function name') in it.But if something goes wrong, we'll see the error messages in console or the message about empty command, if there no or wrong assignment on that button.In case of Rich we need to get the logs to see if module is loaded and plane detected and macro set correctly.. Let's wait for more info.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Here you go guys reinstalled buttons do not work and only baro on EFIS works nothing else, starting to think it may be the bird but serialfp2 works with purchased VSPE, I did not have that on when I tried this also uninstalled and that did not work. also have noticed my fsx is laggy since trying all of this hmm anyway here is the f1 resultsy is providedWIDEFS7 not user registered, or expiredRunning inside FSX on Windows 7 (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)Module base=61000000Wind smoothing fix is fully installedDebugStatus=15System time = 28/06/2011 19:31:57FLT path = "C:\Users\Rich\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"FS path = "C:\fsx\"LogOptions=00000000 00000001SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okayVRI port 1 "COM3" openedRunning in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61472.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)Initialising SimConnect data requests nowFSUIPC Menu entry addedC:\Users\Rich\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\777 as 737.FLTC:\fsx\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B777-200\x772.AIRVRI FMER ("MCP Combi") detected on port COM3C:\fsx\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172\Cessna172SP.AIRSystem time = 28/06/2011 19:32:42, Simulator time = 19:32:00 (23:32Z)Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint1"C:\fsx\SimObjects\Airplanes\iFly 737-800\iFly737_800_24k.AIRAircraft="WESTJET 737-800"Starting everything now ...beginning "C:\fsx\Modules\ipcReady.lua"ended "C:\fsx\Modules\ipcReady.lua"[iNIT] Loading...Aircraft: WESTJET 737-800Aircraft module detected: iFly 737AivlaSoft library loaded...FSX standard library loaded...RealityXP library loaded...A2A MAP library loaded...iFly 737 aircraft: WESTJET 737-800======> iFly 737 macro: ifly737: BBJAdvanced Weather Interface EnabledModule: iFly 737 Started...Ready to go, Captain! FSUIPC logging bit cleared: 2--- NEW LOGGING SESSION ----------- FSUIPC logging bit cleared: 10

Rich Sennett

Here is the problem: ======> iFly 737 macro: ifly737: BBJModule doesn't detect your "WESTJET".. Change aircraft's name to "iFly 737-800" and it will detected correctly.Later Helge will fix his detection algorithm to allow non-standard names too.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Hi Artem:Let me give it a go pal :( Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

Well better this time loaded default named aircraft - anyway to use addon paints instead other than over writing the textures in the stock aircraft folder ? had a lot of problems with the aircraft not doing what I told it to do but probabbly an ilfy issue may reinstall the whole thing agian but it looks like linda was working other than AT reversed up was off and down was on worked it out with mouse also the bird would not lift of the runwawy, it did not do that before may be a conflict between linda and serialfp2 config form a guy in the ilfy forums, anway more to come guys I will do a complete reinstall of ifly737 and report back again, thnak you for your help guys. :( Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

Ah ok,regarding the AT in the wrong position. The AT, FD and AP Disengage are all toggles in iFly, so when you use one of these, it just switches to the other possibility. The fix toggle them a couple of time right after loading the aircraft, and then use the mouse to set the ones on the display to the same position. After that they should work. Its one of those things that I may be able to fix later.You should not start SerialFp2 when using LINDA.Artem: Any suggestions for how to detect the plane variant if I cannot use the aircraft name? Helge

Helge Rasmussen

Artem: Any suggestions for how to detect the plane variant if I cannot use the aircraft name?
Why not to detect the shorter string like '737-800' (and not the 'iFly 737-800')? This still will be the limitation, but not so strict.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Morning guys, it was late last night when I reinstalled 737 but looking good guys, Artem that shorter string sound good, thanks Helge for your help also, well at work so more to come tonight keep you posted tonight, thank you.Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

Rich,I have sent you a PM with a link to a new version that hopefully will detect planes for you as well. It now scans for names containing "737-600" etc.Let me know if it worksHelge

Helge Rasmussen

Hi Helge Excellent pal, will give it a go when I get home from work, bet it works fine Big%20Grin.gifBig%20Grin.gif Thank you so much. Guys.Rich

Rich Sennett