Sign in to follow this  
Guest jahman

Paris to Tokyo in 2.5 Hours

Guest jahman

See CNN video. How long until an FSX model is available?Cheers,- jahman.

See CNN video. How long until an FSX model is available?Cheers,- jahman.
Did he say 40 or 14 years?

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Forty... "...by 2050..."

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Be interesting to see how they get around the altitude restrictions for commercial aircraft with regard to accidental depressurisation rules and how long they take to get down to a lower altitude. I believe the A380 got a waiver on some of those certification rules to allow it up to 43,000 feet, and I presume a rocket aeroplane that is going to be doing Mach 4 will be going up a lot higher than that.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Be interesting to see how they get around the altitude restrictions for commercial aircraft with regard to accidental depressurisation rules and how long they take to get down to a lower altitude. I believe the A380 got a waiver on some of those certification rules to allow it up to 43,000 feet, and I presume a rocket aeroplane that is going to be doing Mach 4 will be going up a lot higher than that.Al
Well look at the Concorde. And besides, I'm sure such a high performance aircraft can make quite the "VNE dive". :(

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Guest jahman
They say cruise will be at FL1000. Space suits for everyone!Cheers,- jahman.

FAR Sec. 25.841 states:(2) The airplane must be designed so that occupants will not be exposed to a cabin pressure altitude that exceeds the following after decompression from any failure condition not shown to be extremely improbable:(i) Twenty-five thousand (25,000) feet for more than 2 minutes; or(ii) Forty thousand (40,000) feet for any duration.So the condition will be shown to be extremely improbable.

Well look at the Concorde.
Indeed, and we would be as well to remember that many of those who worked for NASA on the Apollo moonshots are on record as saying it took a greater degree of skill and development to make Concorde work than it did to get to the moon and back! The Concorde was really something.And speaking of going into the final frontier, get your calendar for Friday July 8 clear, because the last ever Space Shuttle launch will be occurring, it being mission number 135 for the Orbiter, with Shuttle Atlantis delivering parts for the ISS. Here's wishing them a safe trip. :( Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Indeed, and we would be as well to remember that many of those who worked for NASA on the Apollo moonshots are on record as saying it took a greater degree of skill and development to make Concorde work than it did to get to the moon and back! The Concorde was really something.And speaking of going into the final frontier, get your calendar for Friday July 8 clear, because the last ever Space Shuttle launch will be occurring, it being mission number 135 for the Orbiter, with Shuttle Atlantis delivering parts for the ISS. Here's wishing them a safe trip. :( Al
I'll be there for that one! Cannot wait!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

FAR Sec. 25.841 states:(2) The airplane must be designed so that occupants will not be exposed to a cabin pressure altitude that exceeds the following after decompression from any failure condition not shown to be extremely improbable:(i) Twenty-five thousand (25,000) feet for more than 2 minutes; or(ii) Forty thousand (40,000) feet for any duration.So the condition will be shown to be extremely improbable.
If this thing actually becomes reality then the current regulations will be ammended...just like Horse and Buggy rules had to be ammended to allow for the Automobile. Humanity has never stepped in the way of progress, we have only learned to regulate it and slap insurance on it, then profits come later.

Matthew Kane

If this thing actually becomes reality then the current regulations will be ammended...just like Horse and Buggy rules had to be ammended to allow for the Automobile. Humanity has never stepped in the way of progress, we have only learned to regulate it and slap insurance on it, then profits come later.
True. You have to wonder though how automobile regs would have been set back then if the carnage we see today on the roads could have been foreseen..

Guest jahman
The folks behind the Concorde would love to hear from you: Aerospace industry and regulators tried their darndest to force folks on the ground to live with sonic booms and failed miserably thus dooming the booming Concorde.Cheers,- jahman.