Sign in to follow this  
sameermankame8960

Beacon and Strobe Lights on the PMDG 737 NGX

I was just wondering that will the time between the beacon flashes and the strobes in PMDG 737 NGX is fixed or just random just like most of the FS aircraft. As I found the in any BOEING aircraft the "beacon flashes once and the strobe also flashes once with a fixed intervals".....unlike in any AIRBUS aircraft where "beacon flashes once and the strobe flashes twice with a fixed intervals" Does the Beacons and the Strobes on the PMDG 737 NGX are same as these video:- 1)

2) http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Ez23Zd33RIU3)
Also AIRBUS A380 video takeoff at night....notice the Beacons and Strobes
Sameer R Mankame

As we've said elsewhere in this forum, yes the beacons and strobes have the exact same timer sequence as the real NGs do. This was a stage in the development process where first I went to the airport with a timer and timed the intervals that the strobes and beacons flashed. I had it timed down to .13 of a second of the actual timer sequence (I got ribbed and poked for that by the team). SO... to confirm the numbers RSR phoned the manufacturer of the strobes and beacons to get the exact timing sequence. How is that for realism?Don't worry, it is all in there on the NGX.

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

I bet you didnt time how long it took the bagadge handlers to lose the luggage and put it on the wrong plane? :(