Sign in to follow this  
AKStirling

any way to install WAAS gauge

Hi ...i have the Aerosoft Piper Cheyenne and would like to replace the default Trimble GPS with a more user-friendly alternative. I have in mind the FS2X WAAS freeware gauge visiblein the VC, but have no experience of working with panels. I've contacted the gauge designer and he is of the opinion the install should be possible. I went back to him and asked if, givenhis knowledge of panels and my lack of same he would mind making the necessary changes to the cfg for me but he has not replied. If it is indeed possible to install the gauge in the VC could one of you wizardson this forum give me some help?Any suggestions appreciated ...Alan D Kerr

Alan, This one had been beaten into an omelette. No offense. But I think a laymen's wording may help for all. Think of a painting,2D Panels - Think of the background bitmap as your canvas with the picture frame following the edges of the bitmap. You can paint ( assign gauges ) anywhere you'd like as long as it fits inside the frame. Nothing more, nothing less. The Panel.cfg follows this explicitly.3D ( VC ) - Now on a VC panel....... The Model designer created the frames,, & , they cannot be changed, unless by the model designer. The gauges themselves are on a palette. And when it comes to the panel.cfg, it only assigns where the gauge sits on the painters palette. The Modeler also has control of what part of the painters palette fits inside of a certain frame, the gauge on the palette itself must also fit inside the frame. That is why a VC section of the Panel.cfg is, well, foreign. Not even FSPS can alter what is happening internally...To put it short, it's a "Try & Fry" kind of deal. - A tip, find a gauge that represents the same size of the one youl'd like to replace - 95% chance you'll keep it the way it is. Make a popup window instead,, it saves a lot of AnacinRoman.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

'This has been beaten into an omelette' - what a wonderful turn of phrase and your metaphor of the canvas likewise. Last night I recalled having substituted a gauge in another panel by replacing one of the pop-upsso I tried that and Hey Presto! Having turned down the external engine sound of the Cheyenne ( I see from the forums that the excessive volume bugged more than me) and with a viable replacement forthe Trimble, I now have my definitive favourite plane so will fly off into the sunset a happy happy man! Nice to hear from you and keep these fascinating phrases coming! ...Alan

Once again Alan, It's a try & fry No Offence, in this forum, it comes up quite regularly. Just kinda of thought it might be easier to put in a " non programming / designer " language. Glad you got the inferences of painting & breakfast. Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap