Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

Airport Night Environment

Ok, I have been thinking about Fight, and there is one major issue that has been present with every MSFS version previous.... THE AIRPORT NIGHT ENVIRONMENT. Like how the airport lights light up the area, and how buildings and especially aircraft reflect them. Observe:Reality:P7230467.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1248418567289FSX:2011-6-28_10-18-47-507.jpgLets hope that Flight fixes this.

Guest jahman

For airport night lighting to work, you have to illuminate the scenery from multiple light sources at the same time. This is unfeasible for dynamic scenery rendering with current hardware.Cheers,- jahman.

For airport night lighting to work, you have to illuminate the scenery from multiple light sources at the same time. This is unfeasible for dynamic scenery rendering with current hardware.
I have to disagree, this is very possible with current tech, have you played any modern games? I think you will find that the FSX night environment is a dinosaur in terms of rendering light sources.

New engine can do that, don't know about Flight, will they use DX11....DX10 for sure...Here I got a new patch yesterday for Crysis 2, they went above and beyond with features on this patch, now I can play Crysis in DX11 and it does make a difference...as I understand MS is focusing on performance...will they leave the lights effect (scenery) to the developers?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKJZ8Ua5sWQ

New engine can do that, don't know about Flight, will they use DX11....DX10 for sure...Here I got a new patch yesterday for Crysis 2, they went above and beyond with features on this patch, now I can play Crysis in DX11 and it does make a difference...as I understand MS is focusing on performance...will they leave the lights effect (scenery) to the developers?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKJZ8Ua5sWQ
Damnit, they sure do know how to make a trailer.

Guest jahman
I have to disagree, this is very possible with current tech, have you played any modern games? I think you will find that the FSX night environment is a dinosaur in terms of rendering light sources.
Well, that's great news then! No, I only Sim.Cheers,- jahman.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.