Sign in to follow this  
james42

Next level simulations

I think the main guy was getting annoyed with people asking for release dates so he shut the forum.

Rob Prest

Do you know if they are continuing the project ?

They were making a nice a380 for fs2004 and fsx
Do you know if they are continuing the project ?
As far as I remember from my last visits in their forum, the A380 is going to be FSX only. Unfortunately.But I wouldn't bet my life on that.EDIT: This video seems to confirm my concern:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nIH-KikntY

As far as I remember from my last visits in their forum, the A380 is going to be FSX only. Unfortunately.
I hope not i was looking forward to this :(

I daresay they are discovering, as many have before them, that it's one thing to knock up an external model of an Airbus and stick up a web page saying that you are going to make the best simulation of an Airbus ever with everything as per the real thing, but quite another to actually take it to the 'next level' as far as putting all the avionics and FBW in it goes.Even Wilco's PIC Airbus can't do that; they've had two goes at trying it now and got nothing but a slating from most people as a thanks for their efforts. Every other developer that has tried to make a decent Airbus for FS has ended up conceding quite a lot in the realism stakes as far as systems go, as can be seen from the fact that there are plenty of very nice models of various Airbuses in both freeware and payware incarnations, but not one of them flies exactly like a real one in terms of FBW systems - in fact, I've actually had someone who works for EADS on the Airbus laughing his &@($* off whilst sitting next to me at the side of my computer when I showed him how one of them flew in FSX.If I was going to put money on who will manage it, I'd say FSL are in with a chance, but I wouldn't bet much on Next Level pulling it off. I'd like to be proved wrong of course, and I hope they do, but don't hold your breath.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I've somewhat lost hope for NLS's A380, you barely hear from them and it seems like they've made no progress besides a few photos of the flightdeck and the youtube video. I was looking forward to the this palne but now Im looking more to Project Airbus since it seems that there A380 VC is close to release.