Sign in to follow this  
farid

ORBX PNW Very Poor FPS

Nothing's wrong with your system... it's just the added effect of using Orbx in conjunction with one of (if not the) nastiest areas in FSX land, regarding performance. I get about 14-16 fps with payware on final landing south at KSEA... plus stutters galore.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

My rig drops to 26-27 or so around here. Its normally pegged at 30 and stays there around the PNW area I actually found dropping the Scenery Complexity slider down one notch very dense made a big difference. Visually it had little impact but did remove the dockside cranes which seem to eat FPS all on their own!! I now leave it on this setting. Try it and see.....

Not all systems are the same. Here are some pics with cars disabled: 7261.jpg4662.jpg6373.jpg4866.jpg2678.jpg

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Not all systems are the same. Here are some pics with cars disabled:
I was about to say you are using FPS friendly models then I saw the Mustang VC. Jeeese, I must be doing something wrong but at 4GHz and that puppy I get around 15 fps on final when approach from the north. I run max scenery settings (except 2x low water), and no AI traffic. I also run real weather which normally has those big frame rate eating clouds. I run 1920x1080 monitor with AA and AF settings per nvidia inspector. In my shots I'm doing about the same speed as you... but the clouds aren't as bad I when I wrote I got 15 fps... However I did let the cranes load as I approached, all cropped down. I also started to get blurries about 200 kts... I usually do in Orbx Land... nowhere else though I unless I go about 400 kts. One more note, although I didn't have the avg frame rate enabled these numbers reflect the average I was obtaining while in flight, none of these are paused. Untitled1-9.jpgUntitled2-7.jpgUntitled3-2.jpgUntitled4-2.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest PFL

Looks a bit empty without the cars... What about AI, boats, airport vehicles, weather etc.? Reminds me of *******/Bojote, turned off all AI traffic,cars, boats, weather etc. (flew Vatsim) and got superperformance! What kind of water do you use DJJose, "Heavenly Abode Peace and Quiet", or...? Whistle.gif

I turn off all my AI road and aircraft. The only AI stuff I have on is boats (around 10%) and airport vehicles. Granted, this area, with PNW scenery, and the Mustang, is probably the worst performing scenery and airplane one can possibility get, so it's nice for seeing how hard we can hammer FSX.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Looks a bit empty without the cars... What about AI, boats, airport vehicles, weather etc.? Reminds me of *******/Bojote, turned off all AI traffic,cars, boats, weather etc. (flew Vatsim) and got superperformance! What kind of water do you use DJJose, "Heavenly Abode Peace and Quiet", or...? Whistle.gif
I only have cars disabled. 40% AI is plenty for me. Water High and BP=30000. SLI is currently enabled with 16aS and 16Anis. Vsync On. External FPS set to 30.

Hi guys, don't forget to install the PNW service packs if you haven't done so (we've just released SP4). With each SP we've tried to tweak the urban areas a bit more to help with performance. Cheers, Holger

Hi guys, don't forget to install the PNW service packs if you haven't done so (we've just released SP4). With each SP we've tried to tweak the urban areas a bit more to help with performance. Cheers, Holger
That's an excellent point. There are some who might not be aware that there are patches available that improve performance. I don't know if it will help while flying the Mustang. Maybe with the Beaver? Money%20Eyes.gif

I didn't know that thanks, every little bit helps!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I'll take a flight from KSEA to KOLM this evening with a new patch, usually g3d.dll is a given on this route.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I have been absolutely amazed how, if you spend a little bit of time fine tuning, how you can gain a respectable jump in performance even without touching the cfg file. EG. I spent some time not so long ago tweaking from the VC cockpit of the iFLY737, sat on the end of the runway at Canberra. That is a great bit of scenery but a heavy pull on your rig. My autogen was set at normal and everything else set at max. I was getting 20/21 frames. I then decided to switch off aircraft casts shadows on ground, that gave me a frame, then I altered the water slider, that gave me a frame, then I pulled back the cloud draw distance, that gave me a frame, had a decided to fly with clear skies rather than fine wetaher I would have gained a couple there too, but I like my clouds so left it where it was. I also tweaked the inspector GPU panel and managed to squeeze a little more out of that without altering the look of things. By the time I had finished I had gained a framerate of 24/25! That's about a 20% gain in performance. Translate that to a framerate increase from 30 and all of a sudden your gain of 20% gives you a FPS of 36!! Big difference by making a few very small changes. wink.png

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

KSEA for me, complete with PNW, REX and 90% of the KSEA airlines (100% AI slider set) i get about 20FPS around the city. On approach it goes to 17-19 and around the airport its 15-20.This was about 7am when the aiport was full, and the sun was just rising above the Eastern mountains. The thrill of the right leg in to RWY 18L totally over ruled the FPS as every minute of the landing was beautiful.Your system should get similar to mine around KSEA