Sign in to follow this  

Well if you do not have the RXP gauges and you have to do with the default..I made a few adjustments:-Adjusted all the click spots to be more accessible especially around the knobs (430 and 530).-Also corrected the right side knob that scroll wrong way (430 and 530). -Added traffic -Added Terrain shadowing-Corrected the nav groups so that MAP and GPS tracking is all included in NAV group and not accessible via button/hotspots.not yet done-correct radio frequencies "text" to look a bit better. Currently it look a bit "cramped"carenadoalt.jpgand as you see I also added a 2D 430 to the popup..!I see people mention on another forum that the lettering on the GPS knobs is not backlighted. Just as a suggestion: Carenado can maybe use text in future to highlight the text on buttons/knobs so that it give illusion of "backlightning". Current bitmaps will not really give the same effect. Never thought much about this but seeing the plane in the picture where it is mentioned, I totally agree that GPS knobs tend to disappear in the evening.

Guest BeaverDriver

This is great! Thanks for this. I'll be watching for it's completion.

Yes, thanks, Bliksimpie. Be waiting for the release.Cheers,Fritz
Great job again. Thanks Bliksimpie. Carenado, if you are listening, you owe a couple of free copies of your upcoming releases to this guy... unless you hire him :(

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Great job again. Thanks Bliksimpie. Carenado, if you are listening, you owe a couple of free copies of your upcoming releases to this guy... unless you hire him :(
+1. No, make that +10 :(

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

played a bit more with photoshophere is what it look now.. not too shabbyMade the 430 buttons the same as the 530.. Now they seem to be much more of the same maker and well it look kinda much better.carenadoalt3.jpg

Thanks guys for the good words. :( It is just my little bit to make fellow simmers life's a bit easier with the GPS's. I know what such a small differences can make to the enjoyment of the overall package, So yeah why not help a few fellow mates along the way. Gives me a lot of pleasure to see others enjoy the product and that is more then enough "payment" anyone can ask..I know the inside of these gauges out of my head by now, so it is easy to quickly make a few corrections to make it much more enjoyable.. so really it is not big effort. (I kinda have a soft spot for this gauges if you havent notice yet - been toying with them from over 6 years, well least the 430) Although Carenado have given me permission to share the 430 awhile ago, I have not yet got permission from Carenado to share the changes of the 530 gauge. So even though I am finished I cannot upload the 530 yet and I do not want to upload only the 430. Would be nice to upload both if I can share. So if you dont mind let me see if I can get word from carenado to maybe share the 530 changes also. :( I hope you understand.

Bliksimpie,Great work just as in yer past achievements. Thank you for your willingness to create and share with us.Am looking forward to integrating these into this fine bird.Wish you a great day/night.Dusty

Guest BeaverDriver

Thank you so much for this! I'll be watching for it for sure. Much appreciated once again :(

Please note that I have not yet correct the add/remove right data section of the 530. You still need to click the hotspot. See the picture below. During the week, time permitting, I will change the 530 so that it work the same way as the 430, where you click on menu to add/remove the right data section on the map page. Just better then a hotspot to click. I will also see what I can up to make the 530 a bit better when I take properly time to see what can be added.carenadoalt3a.jpgon the 530 I have so far corrected:-the scroll wheel that is wrong way around on right knob. -u can now scroll wheel on + and - side of right knob-made all clickspots a bit better around the knobs that obscure some clickspots-Added trafic.. dont be surprise to see traffic being indicated-Add terrain shadowingthe 430 has not been changed a lot. just a bit here and there to make it work with the 3D knobs (L:vars) apart from that it is still the good old "upgraded one" that served me well in the past..

Has Carenado given you permission yet? Would be great to have your fixes.

I'd like your fixes also, so please add me to the PM list.Thanks,Jack

Hey Bliksimpie, I'm very interested in your upgraded gps system, can you pm me for details too please.Also, I just bought the Carenado 210 and it just does not follow a flightplan, it starts ok, but at the first waypoint it starts cirkeling around it and will not activate the second leg of the flightplan, the only way around it for me now is to enter a direct to. Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong?

hi Bliksimpie, PM request has been made for same. I thought I saw the mod on AVSIM or Flightsim, but can't seem to locate it? thanks / Les Parson