Sign in to follow this  
bmarcoux2

AISmooth 1.2

Was wondering if anyone else has had problems with AiSmooth 1.2. I've run ver 1.1 with no problems at all and recently saw there was an update. Installed it and in 4 out of 6 flights fs2004 froze up in different phases of the flight. Uninstalled it and went back with 1.1 and no problems. Any Ideas? Is there a major difference between 1.1 and 1.2? ThanksBrad

Was this a full freeze or just a few seconds freeze. Although I sometimes get a momentary freeze, I put this down to system plus FS settings, but never thought it could have anything to do with AI Smooth 1.2, so I will now monitor performance with and without. Since I got fed up with iFly 737, haven't got time with all the setting up, I have gone back to light aircraft and don't find it necessary to use AI Smooth as much except at large airports, but thanks for your observation, hope there may be some enlightening answers. Regards.

Was this a full freeze or just a few seconds freeze. Although I sometimes get a momentary freeze, I put this down to system plus FS settings, but never thought it could have anything to do with AI Smooth 1.2, so I will now monitor performance with and without. Since I got fed up with iFly 737, haven't got time with all the setting up, I have gone back to light aircraft and don't find it necessary to use AI Smooth as much except at large airports, but thanks for your observation, hope there may be some enlightening answers. Regards.
WOW, got fed up with IFly 737!!! Havn't flown anything in my hanger since I got it. But yes, it was a FULL freeze up. Had to Ctrl-Shft-Alt to get out. No problems since going back to 1.1

Wow, lucky I'm not the only one. I've used it sooo much for the last months (sometimes 3-4 flights per day) so now I'm changing my style back to PMDG 747 for a while.Anyway,back to the topic. Yes I do sometimes have AISmooth freeze completely. Especially at some major airports in Asia (Korea,Thai,Singapore...) Other major airports in other parts of the world seem to go well.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

AI Smooth, as does some aircraft mentioned, uses FSUIPC3. You need to make sure any of these add-ons did not overwrite the current version of FSUIPC with something older as sometimes happens. Recent FSUIPC versions have fixed problems with Win 7 and VISTA.Here are the locations of the full base package (includes documentation, etc.) and any interim updates.http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlhttp://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/Note that the application registered version and the user paid full registration versions are the same installer files. In addition the FSUIPC installer is now an .exe file that searches for your FS9 path in the registry. To insure that path is correct use this free Flight1 utility FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool (36KB) at:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryTo run that utility in VISTA or Win 7 right click on it and click Run As Admin. With the FSUIPC installer you should not require that but if a problem exists start it the same way.Using FS9 in Win XP I have not had any full freeze ups with AIS 1.20. I have had no problem using it with RC4, AS6.5, and the PMDG 736 through 738 Boeings.(AISmooth version 1.20 runs with FS9 and FSX and can be found in the FSX utilities library sections.)

Wow, lucky I'm not the only one. I've used it sooo much for the last months (sometimes 3-4 flights per day) so now I'm changing my style back to PMDG 747 for a while.Anyway,back to the topic. Yes I do sometimes have AISmooth freeze completely. Especially at some major airports in Asia (Korea,Thai,Singapore...) Other major airports in other parts of the world seem to go well.
Yea, mine seemed to happen always at a addon KLAX and FlyTampa's KSAN. Will try to update my FSUIPC and see if that helps. Am I really missing anything between ver 1.1 and 1.2? Thanks

AIS V1.2 adds documentation. It was also patched for FSX and perhaps some items were fixed - that's not stated. The documentation was missing in its extended coverage from earlier versions.