Sign in to follow this  
sluihn

did you catch this...

All I can say is speculate, speculate. Silly comment, followed by more speculation. I think your ideas have no merit because speculate, speculate. I know I am right because a good friend of mine knows someone who talked to someone that knew someone that was related to someone that works as a secretary at Microsoft. So there!!Regards, Mike Mann

Now you sound like the You Tube radio guy with all that insider information!

Jim,You just reminded me that I was supposed to make my equivalent version of his "video blog" by nightfall . a couple of days ago. :(

Jim, with all due respect I do believe one can get insider's informations, there is always somebody unhappy or with ulterior motive somewhere in a company leading them to talk, like i said before a lot of peoples are involved with Flight since the beginning. I mean if a soldier in the US army with high security clearance can leak a lot and I mean A LOT of internal documents to WikiLeaks what else can happen, of course it would be easyer to say " Here is what I know from this guy....name....working for this company at this desk on that part of the Flight's project" ....but first, who will be stupid enough to blow their source(s) by saying that's how he got their info., still peoples will challenge his story by saying that he's full of it or he just had some lucky guesses and because they were not involve in the insider's info. themself their deduction would be "how can a nobody get insider's info"...human nature.

First, there was the job listing that Microsoft had put out for someone to lead the development of the Flight SDK. Unfortunately, that webpage no longer exists. (likely because they found their person) That page was originally found here: https://careers.micr...id=29189&jlang=Second, in PC Pilot, Microsoft pretty much said that they can't do all the add-ons themselves:"Maintaining an ongoing cadence of fun and interesting content for our new digital strategy is a big challenge. With the range of subject matter and aircraft styles, no one can do it all alone. We are creating the tools and facilities to enable external content creation, but as important as the tools are, how we get the ongoing content to all users is a bigger deal. At the heart of the new approach is a integrated marketplace."Really, the purpose of the add-on marketplace is to get more people knowing about add-ons, especially casual users of FSX that have no idea that add-ons exist, or new flight sim users that start out with Flight that also don't know about add-ons.
The job advertisement included:We are looking for a technical Program Manager to own the graphics and environment features for the game, as well as drive and define the tools and 3rd party SDK.......lead a team of industry veterans to create a high performance and great looking experience. You will work closely with a handful of select 3rd parties to evaluate our tools and documentation as well as our own internal development team to create the SDK......Work closely with 3rd party content creators to gather feedback and build production requirements...

one thing that could be good about the MS online store would be that if someone is a at home developer, maybe they could post their stuff in the MS store and if someone wanted to buy it, like a .99 cent DL, then they could get it and the developer gets at 70/30 split with MS, just like Apple does with their apps from Itunes. It may make people make less freeware but there have been some amazing free add-ons that i could see paying .99 for.Kyle

The job advertisement included:You will work closely with a handful of select 3rd parties to evaluate our tools and documentation as well as our own internal development team to create the SDK......Work closely with 3rd party content creators to gather feedback and build production requirements...
I think somebody wrote about some 3rd party developers been in bed with MS from the beginning.....hummm where and whom can that be?

one thing that could be good about the MS online store would be that if someone is a at home developer, maybe they could post their stuff in the MS store and if someone wanted to buy it, like a .99 cent DL, then they could get it and the developer gets at 70/30 split with MS, just like Apple does with their apps from Itunes. It may make people make less freeware but there have been some amazing free add-ons that i could see paying .99 for.Kyle
That will be in direct competition with big 3rd party developers, no way I will let that happen if I'm a big player in the store trying to sell my sceneries....they are targeting the pop's and mom's right so between free sceneries or sceneries costing a fraction of the price compare to the big players sceneries which one do you think they will buy.... I don't think the 3rd party payware developers doing business in the store are ready to share their part of the market.

Somehow I don't think Microsoft will be interested in earning $0.30 from a sale. The processing costs would be more than that!

Somehow I don't think Microsoft will be interested in earning $0.30 from a sale. The processing costs would be more than that!
Why not? The Apple example has already been mentioned, and MS sells clothes for avatars on Xbox Live for as little as the equivalent of $1. Sony sells avatar icons (including from third parties) on PSN for as little as 49 cents.I think you're underestimating how prevalent microtransactions are these days. :)

Jim, with all due respect I do believe one can get insider's informations, there is always somebody unhappy or with ulterior motive somewhere in a company leading them to talk, like i said before a lot of peoples are involved with Flight since the beginning. I mean if a soldier in the US army with high security clearance can leak a lot and I mean A LOT of internal documents to WikiLeaks what else can happen, of course it would be easyer to say " Here is what I know from this guy....name....working for this company at this desk on that part of the Flight's project" ....but first, who will be stupid enough to blow their source(s) by saying that's how he got their info., still peoples will challenge his story by saying that he's full of it or he just had some lucky guesses and because they were not involve in the insider's info. themself their deduction would be "how can a nobody get insider's info"...human nature.
Yep, like the person that cleans the workrooms, that saw an e-mail in the basket, who told the cafeteria worker, who mentioned something to the security guard as they were leaving the parking lot, who then called Mr. UT, who added it to the end of one of his shows.
The job advertisement included:We are looking for a technical Program Manager to own the graphics and environment features for the game, as well as drive and define the tools and 3rd party SDK.......lead a team of industry veterans to create a high performance and great looking experience. You will work closely with a handful of select 3rd parties to evaluate our tools and documentation as well as our own internal development team to create the SDK......Work closely with 3rd party content creators to gather feedback and build production requirements...
Which is the exact same thing MS did with FS04 and FSX. Nothing to see here folks. Please move along! Right Needle?

Yep, like the person that cleans the workrooms, that saw an e-mail in the basket, who told the cafeteria worker, who mentioned something to the security guard as they were leaving the parking lot, who then called Mr. UT, who added it to the end of one of his shows.
I was not talking specificaly about Mr. UT and is show but I bet that's how the US army lost a lot of documents to WikiLeaks, the soldier was a scapegoat not to punish the general who wrongly discarded the documents in the basket, ike I said, it's human nature, just wait for Flight release and we'll talk again.

Which is the exact same thing MS did with FS04 and FSX. Nothing to see here folks. Please move along! Right Needle?
Tell that to Aerosoft.

I think somebody wrote about some 3rd party developers been in bed with MS from the beginning.....hummm where and whom can that be?
I haven't got a clue... :(

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Tell that to Aerosoft.
What would I tell them about the development of the SDKs? That 3rd party developers were not involved in their development?

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.