Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Simconnect Client Install

Hi,I have be scouring the web for over an hour and never in my life seen so much confusion on the subject of installing the necessary dll's for a client pc needing the simconnect client installation. For the life of me I cannot figure out what I need. I have notes on where the xml and ini files go etc, but where do I find the necessary simconnect client install for use with sp2? I used to havethe file but it's gone now. Can anyone shed some light on this. There is supposed to me a simconnect.msi file on the disk, but even with that there is supposed to be an sp2 update or something.ThanksBob

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/338749-need-some-help-need-to-install-simconnect-client/page__view__getnewpost__fromsearch__1And to add to this. You download SP1A of the SDK from Microsoft, install the SDK and then run SimConnect.msi.Then you download SP2 of the SDK from Microsoft, install the SDK and then run SimConnect.msi.So, 3 installs of the SDK and then 3 runs of the SimConnect.msi. The SDK can be uninstalled when you are done.

Hi,Thanks for chiming in. All sounds great but where do I get the files? I found an SDK folder on the FSX Deluxe Disk 1, but it did not contain a "simconnect.msi" file. I have searched forevery for this stuff. One forum thread a guys said that there was some legal aspects involved with these files and some cannot be downloaded.I remember I installed something I had which was zipped up and installed and all worked well. I dont remember doing multiple installs. I did have some issueswith ASE after that but the only issue was its updates to the FSX machine seemed to be very slow. Maybe this was because I only installed one file.Do you have these files? If you do I would sure appreciate it if you could zip em up and send them to me. Bob

http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1And to add to this. You download SP1A of the SDK from Microsoft, install the SDK and then run SimConnect.msi.Then you download SP2 of the SDK from Microsoft, install the SDK and then run SimConnect.msi.So, 3 installs of the SDK and then 3 runs of the SimConnect.msi. The SDK can be uninstalled when you are done.

Hi,No, you install the SDK from DVD1, then the msi file becomes visible. Then you do the same for SKD1A and SDK2 from Microsoft. The SDKs are public releases so please tell that person that he is all wet. No, I cannot send you 3 simconnect.msi files.

Hi Jim,

Queried you years ago with original AS's.  Back on with FSX after long time.  Did all the above 3 installs on my client laptop, ASN working well on desktop with FSX installed.  Keep getting error when I open ASN on client "ASN was not able to install/modify the ASConnect module.  Please manually install ASConnect into your Simulator."  See users guide for more info. Can't find how to! 

Then ASN keeps going until this error "A valid Simconnect managed version was not found to be correctly installed on this system.  You must have SP2 Simconnect Client installed to sue FSX mode with ASN."  How do I do that?

Please help.

Thanks, Robert