Sign in to follow this  
engwerda

Product update

Something to distract us while we are waiting - please feel free to add your own.Product update December 21, 2014Source Precision Manuals Group (PMDG)Subject release of 737 NGXPMDG today announced the imminent release of the 737NGX. “I feel that we are very close now” said Managing director Robert Randazzo. “Since the programme went into wide Charlie in the middle of last year we have made significant progress on a few key features that have been holding us up for some time”. Asked to elaborate on what those problems might have been Mr Randazzo would only say that that certain difficulties with uneven light refraction from the inside one of the main wheels had plagued them for some weeks but now they were getting close to a solution. “I know that there are those who say why bother,” he said,” but that is not what this company is about. We know what people expect from PMDG and that is high fidelity and the last thing we want is for someone to write in and say “hey, that inside left tyre looks funny”. We don’t want to be in a position six months down the track where we have to release a patch”.Mr Randazzo said that the company had learned a lot from the 2012 debacle. Followers of the development of the product may remember the red faces all round when it was discovered in late 2012, just before release, that the gasper vents in economy were all discovered to be facing the same way. “We have come a long way since then” smiled Mr Randazzo ruefully adding that that little incident had brought home the need to take things one step at a time.“Reaction to the announcement on the AVSIM forum has been enthusiastic”, he said. “Yes, there are some who were somewhat disappointed but I think that even those people understand the need to get it right and not put out a half baked product”. Other reactions were more predictable. “Don’t get your hopes up,” said Mr Ryan Maziarz referring to his company’s motto. “Anyway”, he said, “the theme music does not write itself you know”.Equally sanguine was 72 year old pensioner Mr Mike Atherton of Tunbridge Wells who wrote in to say. “People must realise that these developers have other jobs as well. They have regular employment, families and like all of us need a break now and then, so let’s give them all the time they need. I know that the finished result will be all the better for it. It will be finished when it’s finished .Personally I don’t mind if it doesn’t come out till 2015 as I don’t expect to get off life support before then”.He was supported by a legion of PMDG fans. Typical of many replies was that of Kody Ramstein who made the point that there were already six other fully developed 737NGXs on the market to choose from. The 737 NGX that came with Office 2013 he considered a real winner. “It’s awesome. It has like real things in it,” he said, “like even other passengers you can talk to and sounds and stuff”.Some, less charitable, accused those complaining of delays that if they didn’t like it they should consider moving to Russia or China and see how they like it there. “Damn commies, the lot of them” said Frank Eaglecruncher” sometimes when I look at this country it seems I got myself killed in Korea for nothing”.Meanwhile PMDG was anxious to put a few conspiracy theories to rest. It was not true they said;• that the entire development team had come to grief testing the deep stall characteristics of a real NGX they had “borrowed” late one night after a staff “do” and that the company presence on the net was carried on by fanatical hard core fans.• that two key developers had passed on. “Really”,said a spokesman,” people should not read too much into recent photos showing four developers on a pedestrian crossing, two of them in bare feet.”• that there never was an NGX project. “Where does this come from?” sighed Mr Maziarz. “I make a little joke about the whole thing being cancelled and everyone comes down on me like a ton of bricks!”• that the eventual product would be sold only in Polish Zloty’s. “Just not true” said Mr Robercik Randazowicz on a shaky line from Cracow, “what can I say?”In the meantime the news has spread around the world. In England a young peasant girl claims to have seen a PMDG 737NGX in the fleece of one of her sheep. “So bright, so beautiful” she whispered in her halting English. Mr Randazzo warned about reading too much into such sightings. “We may well be an incredibly above average company”, he is quoted as saying,” but recent talk about miracles attributed to the development team is probably premature”.The NGX is scheduled for release in a few days.Gerry

actually pretty funny!! :) LMAO.gifJamal Pratthey make sure u sign your name so it doesn't get deleted

Nicely done - and good press release style, too!

LMAO I had to chuckle hard. The little touches like "72 year old pensioner" lol.JackColwill

You forgot to mention that with the NGX package a virtual flightsimmer is included.Just fire up your pc and then the VFS does the rest.You can go out and when you come back later the aircraft has already arrived at it's destination......

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I'm not sure the former England Cricket Captain would be too impressed at being called a 72 year old pensioner! Poor chap's only 43 :(

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

While I don't particularly appreciate the sentiment behind it, I'll admit that was pretty funny! :(

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

In that case it seems that it's just me not getting it, must be that language barrier...

I propose to setup a web site to bet over the release date.When we will see a large amount of money over a specific date that's the release date because PMDG members will bet on it.October 12nd, late noon, year 2012 is my own bet.-