Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

Milviz T-38A out!

Thanks a bunch srburger ! Would you mind posting more screenshots ? like wings views, vc and all that ?
Hi, MindYerBeak. I posted a few shots in the screenshot forum:(Or take a look at burnerski's video. It's great!)Ken

Hi, MindYerBeak. I posted a few shots in the screenshot forum:(Or take a look at burnerski's video. It's great!)Ken
Thanks Ken. I went ahead and bought the plane. I took it out for a spin and I managed to land it fine eventually.( i actually crashed it 3 times before I landed it).The thing is fast and if your too slow on approach you're sc*ed. I like that rumbling sound...Nice plane really.Thanks for the pics/info and the vid folks. .And thanks milviz !Edit: Oh, btw, every time I crash the plane fsx crashes as well !

Edit: Oh, btw, every time I crash the plane fsx crashes as well !
Is there a small popup stating about some missing sounds maybe? Note: It could be in the background.I only crashed once so far as I did the screenshots, but as I smashed into mother Earth, this popup came up and you could click "ok", but then it came back instantly. Only the FSX task kill helped.It did not happen again, but I also did not crash again after this happened, so maybe you are describing a similar event.Assumption: Maybe a gauge looks for some sort of extra crash sound and can't find the file. I haven't reinstalled until now as the rest is working great.I also have to crash again. Will do. Big%20Grin.gif

Well technically I guess I didn't crash but I came in so hot I ran out of runway. This bird gets your attention! Love the growl!Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Is there a small popup stating about some missing sounds maybe? Note: It could be in the background.
Couldn't reproduce that again, so it seems to have been a one time-only thing on my system.I was crashing gear up and down now, no problems (apart from the mental impact on the sim pilot). :(

You can also fly from the "Pit" err IP seat. It's also where the students are put with a curtin pulled over for instruments checks.Not Fun.fsx2011-07-0812-52-26-65Medium.jpg

Is there a small popup stating about some missing sounds maybe? Note: It could be in the background.
Now that i think of it the error was due to "d3d9.dll" which is one of the 2 files of the ENB mod !

FPS is certainly comparable to the L-39. We were consistently getting 29 to 30 (locked at 30) with a 4 ship MP. That should tell you something. As well, the AI package has over 30 planes on the deck and even with a two ship formation we were still getting 29-30 on lower end boxes. (soon to be released)
4 ship MP (multiplayer)?any one else have any comments about the performance of this plane and versus the L-39? i have a rather modest system (Phenom II X4 925) and I tend to get lower frames on the more complex planes.

My frames are very similar to the L39 but I am running a qx9650. Not the fastest but very capable and I see no difference. It is hard for someone that has hi-specs too state the see now drop or difference, so I would take that into consideration.Also, this uses the Flight1 wrapper, so you can return within 30 days. But if you find the frames are similar, I will guarantee you will wish to keep it. Milviz is also going to make some changes based on recommendations from a real t-38 pilot so there is also alot to look forward too.RegardsBob

4 ship MP (multiplayer)?any one else have any comments about the performance of this plane and versus the L-39? i have a rather modest system (Phenom II X4 925) and I tend to get lower frames on the more complex planes.

Milviz is also going to make some changes based on recommendations from a real t-38 pilot so there is also alot to look forward too.Bob
Make that "another" real T-38A Instructor Pilot. We already have two such folks on the team. :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Here is another one with some great T38 shots at Vance AFB in Enid Ok. We used to call it Enid by the sea.

Say Burneski - If you don't mind me asking, what's your hardware set up?

Say Burneski - If you don't mind me asking, what's your hardware set up?
It's 5 24" monitors in profile(5x1P) combined with TrackIr. I removed the plastic surrounding to make the bezels thinner. Powering them is the ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6and an I7@4.2ghz. All info you need on Multi Monitors can be found at the Widescreen gaming forum. Even a 3x1P in my opinion is far superior to one monitor and makes greataddons like the Milviz T38A much more exciting.fsx2011-07-0813-06-30-05Medium.jpgRegards