Sign in to follow this  
spilok

I still can't understand why after all these years.....

.. an' I'll bet it would be a short flight, too... :(
LMAO!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Force Feedback is a subset of DirectInput (itself part of DirectX).A force feedback device is no good unless the game has been specifically programmed to use the feature.It’s a chicken and egg situation. Hardware makers need more games using FF, while game developers don’t see the need to implement the feature while very few people have the hardware.I remember Logitech building a very sturdy and reliable force feedback yoke about 8 years ago, and it was even better than MS Sidewinder FF. Also, forget having the feature on wireless joysticks. The built-in motor would gobble-up all the battery juice in no time.Geraldhttp://www.multicrewxp.com

Yes indeed, force feedback has to be coded into the aircraft.cfg file, and with default FS9 settings, it's hardly detectable. I travel a lot and therefore have to use a Logitech cordless Rumblepad2 gamepad, which does indeed have force feedback. But in order to be able to feel it, the force feedback settings in the aircraft.cfg file have to be modified. The forthcoming Enigma Simulations 737-300 release for FSX and FS9 will have this modification built in, so you will get feedback e.g. on the ground, at landing and when the plane is out of trim in the air.;)

Yes indeed, force feedback has to be coded into the aircraft.cfg file, and with default FS9 settings, it's hardly detectable. I travel a lot and therefore have to use a Logitech cordless Rumblepad2 gamepad, which does indeed have force feedback. But in order to be able to feel it, the force feedback settings in the aircraft.cfg file have to be modified. The forthcoming Enigma Simulations 737-300 release for FSX and FS9 will have this modification built in, so you will get feedback e.g. on the ground, at landing and when the plane is out of trim in the air.;)
You get it NOW with Russell Dirks' software modification for Force Feedback. If you haven't tried it, you just don't know.Stan

What I did was mount a Buttkicker gamer onto the same shelf as my Saitek yoke and Throttle quad. That way I can feel all the bumps and vibrations. It works great. Liked it so much I added one to my pedals and one to my captain's chair (what it was designed for). Even my Audio FX headset has built-in vibration. I tell ya, get me on some old, cracky, deserted airstrip and I'm shakin' and bouncin' till my heart's content! :(

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

What I did was mount a Buttkicker gamer onto the same shelf as my Saitek yoke and Throttle quad. That way I can feel all the bumps and vibrations. It works great. Liked it so much I added one to my pedals and one to my captain's chair (what it was designed for). Even my Audio FX headset has built-in vibration. I tell ya, get me on some old, cracky, deserted airstrip and I'm shakin' and bouncin' till my heart's content! :(
This "buttkicker" interests me. I'd love to hear more about it. Perhaps I should start another thread on it. Force feedback doesn't give you the "bumps" in the air with turbulence. Does Buttkicker do that? Can you use it in conjunction with a ff joystick?Stan

Here ya go Stan:http://www.buttkickergear.com/ButtKicker_Simulation_Kit_p/bk-sk.htm

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Here ya go Stan:http://www.buttkickergear.com/ButtKicker_Simulation_Kit_p/bk-sk.htm
Thanks. I'll check it out.Stan

The Buttkicker just responds to bass frequencies, doesn't it? It may be that often you would feel vibration when there happens to be low bass, but real FF would be independent of sound and allow you to hear low bass sound with no vibration, or feel vibration with no low bass sound. Although, I've heard good things about the Buttkicker and I'm sure it would add to immersion.

I wonder what the CC company guy thinks when he reviews some bills and reads about some 'buttkicker' there. Just%20Kidding.gif'Gosh, this world gets weirder and weirder every day.'