Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

09JUL11 Update on NGX Release Progress

Captains-This is going to be a short note tonight, as we are all a bit busy at the moment...I thought you all would be interested to know that the PMDG 737NGX has entered the final phase of pre-release testing.Last night we began the process of distributing build 82.2732 (yes: 82 major builds and 2732 updates...) to both the Tech Team and the Wide Beta Team. This will be the first of a few updates that we give them, with the intent that we should have the last of the kinks ironed out in very short order, allowing us to move into the release phase- which is what we know you are all waiting for!Over the next couple of days, we are going to take some of the restrictions off of those who are involved in this phase of testing so that they can give you their first impressions of the NGX in their own words.This has been a very long development cycle for everyone involved, but we feel with this build we have a "nearly release ready" airplane that is not going to require a significant amount of tuning to reach release. In order to quell some of the (truly uninformed and at times outright ridiculous) conjecture, I am comfortable telling you that we will be setting a date on the calendar for release within the next couple of days.The purpose of this phase of testing is to accomplish the following:1) Serve as backup to the development and tech team testing to be certain we haven't missed any obvious problems.2) To put as much flight time on the airplane as possible to help verify that all is well.3) To give us a wider experience with a broader base of install machines to allow us to verify performance and verify that we do not have any installation or run-time issues.To put in succinctly: We are in the home stretch!Now: A couple of ground-rules just so that nobody gets their feelings hurt:1) We are extremely busy on our end as there are literally thousands of tasks that must be accomplished in preparation for a successful product launch.2) With that in mind, we may/may not have time to give you updates on how things are going. There have been a few folks creating high drama over the schedule of updates. As always- we update you when we have something worth sharing. Lack of updates simply means we are too busy, or we don't have anything new to add. (Besides, if any one of us can find :30 free, we are spending that time with our wives/children... The workload is that high in final testing.)3) You are going to start seeing some changes on the website and here in the website as we prep for release. 4) Don't worry- the release won't happen in the middle of the night without some warning, so don't stay up all night hitting CTRL+R on the website hoping you will be the first to know. :biggrin:5) At some point in the near future we will update you on the anticipated sale process, pricing, etc...Okay- I think that is all for now- I'll be back with you along the way- but most definitely when we set the release day. (This will likely be set over the next few days- i'll let you know!)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Very good news indeed! Are the visual models for all of the NGX variants complete? Thanks for the update Robert. Applause.gif

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Very happy to know we are really close!! Tks to all of PMDG team! I think its time to' do a clean install of my os in prep for the ngx.

Thank you very much for the update Robert, these are great news ! Can't wait to use this product, it looks incredible.Btw, have you ever considered setting up a PMDG Twitter account in addition to the facebook one ?

Thank you Robert,This will be by far the most anticipated release since the MD11.You simply have the most complex and best products out there.Congratulations to the whole team for this huge effortCheers, Rick

Great news PMDG. Nice to know it's getting closer, bit of a suprise.......I was expecting an update on Monday (Tuesday my time).

Good news

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip