Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

09JUL11 Update on NGX Release Progress

Robert as always you have kept us updated whenever possible and I know that soon we will see the NGX on the opening screen. Thank you.

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

Wait and see :Thinking:Marc

Best Regards

Marc Manandise

Windows 10 PRO

congrate! may i ask if you did solve the vnav problem? or will it be an fsx limitation?i am really looking forward, been studying the chief pilot since the last week and have written alot items down to check it with the ngx...

congrate! may i ask if you did solve the vnav problem? or will it be an fsx limitation?i am really looking forward, been studying the chief pilot since the last week and have written alot items down to check it with the ngx...
Michael-Yes- we are very comfortable with VNAV as it stands currently. We are still beating on it pretty heavily to find ways to break it- because that is the best way to ensure it is stable when you get it.Since you asked about whether it might be "an FSX" limitation- it is worth noting that the autopilot and flight control functionality in the NGX are 100% custom. This doesn't mean that we simply wrote a cute wrapper around the default autopilot system, it means that we are using an entirely custom autopilot, written from the ground up for this application. This is not an insignificant task, but at the end of the day it gives you a simulation that actually flies like an NG...I'm certain we will continue to tune/tweak even after release, but this is robust enough that you will not see it wandering off and doing things it shouldn't do. And yes- you can download it using whatever browser you like... :(

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Everybody thinks that after every update.
credit to PMDG: there are no target dates or time frames in this missive.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

YES. I can't wait for the NGX. Now i can ask for it for christmas.

Robert,Can you tell us what the problem was with the VNAV? when climbing decent ect?

Robert,Can you tell us what the problem was with the VNAV? when climbing decent ect?
I'm not going to go into any kind of extreme detail but it had a lot to do with speed restrictions and the DECEL donuts, stuff like that. Basically getting the FMC predictions to agree with what the AFDS actually does. This FMC is far more advanced than other ones out there (including our own previous Boeing ones) - it's using logic that is very similar to how the real one works for the predictions and stuff. The mathematical solvers for VNAV and LNAV predictions took more time than anything else in this project to create.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Im wondering about the manuals and tutorials. Will you release the non Boeing copyrighted documentation soon (before RC goes gold), or havent all that documentation been finished yet?

Great update! Thank you to PMDG and more importantly thank you to the families of the PMDG staff members for allowing them to be so committed to this project. I think it's pretty cool that one single add on will be such a game changer for the serious sim pilot. I wonder how many VA's that operate the NG have had increased membership request since the NGX production announcement.

Matt Moore

Chief Pilot | Elite Airways "The Virtual Executive Airline" 

I'm not going to go into any kind of extreme detail but it had a lot to do with speed restrictions and the DECEL donuts, stuff like that. Basically getting the FMC predictions to agree with what the AFDS actually does. This FMC is far more advanced than other ones out there (including our own previous Boeing ones) - it's using logic that is very similar to how the real one works for the predictions and stuff. The mathematical solvers for VNAV and LNAV predictions took more time than anything else in this project to create.
Would this mean that the code can be directly "implanted" into the 777? Or would it have to be tweaked/rewritten as it uses a honeywell fms? Excuse my ignorance!

Im wondering about the manuals and tutorials. Will you release the non Boeing copyrighted documentation soon (before RC goes gold), or havent all that documentation been finished yet?
The Intro manual will probably be released soon. I'm still working on the tutorial flights - basically I don't want to take the screenshots for them until just before release to make sure they do match what you'll get with the RTM product.
Would this mean that the code can be directly "implanted" into the 777? Or would it have to be tweaked/rewritten as it uses a honeywell fms? Excuse my ignorance!
Yes the system is modular - it will need to be modified for the 777's specifics of course, but we will not need to do a rewrite of the FMC, AFDS, major mechanical systems etc to make the 777. It should go much faster now that we have the framework for the future in place.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The Intro manual will probably be released soon. I'm still working on the tutorial flights - basically I don't want to take the screenshots for them until just before release to make sure they do match what you'll get with the RTM product.Yes the system is modular - it will need to be modified for the 777's specifics of course, but we will not need to do a rewrite of the FMC, AFDS, major mechanical systems etc to make the 777. It should go much faster now that we have the framework for the future in place.
So basically the development process for LNAV/VNAV will take less time for the 777? (hopefully... ) :( Sounds interesting :( But however, i will enjoy flying the NGX the next 2-3 years i guess Big%20Grin.gif and i wish you all good luck for the next weeks to get the beauty ready for release :(

regards,

Alexander Marx

Seriously, I'm going to quit if people start up with "where are the 777 updates" as soon as we release the NGX. There is enough in this airplane to keep people busy for years and we'll be adding onto it continually too.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg