Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

09JUL11 Update on NGX Release Progress

Seriously, I'm going to quit if people start up with "where are the 777 updates" as soon as we release the NGX. There is enough in this airplane to keep people busy for years and we'll be adding onto it continually too.
I do feel sorry for you over the few years :( Don't worry I'm not looking for the T7 just the NGX :( One less person to worry about...LOL :(

Joe Park

Seriously, I'm going to quit if people start up with "where are the 777 updates" as soon as we release the NGX. There is enough in this airplane to keep people busy for years and we'll be adding onto it continually too.
It wasn´t meant like this :((i think your post was referring to me :( ) I am just interested how things are going because i´ve no idea of progamming but i´m curious in which points of development you are able to avoid more work than required through copying pieces of code of other products like the J41 or the NGX??? That´s all. The 777 is not that important for me because i´ve not enough time to fly long hauls and the 777 on short flights... eh.. yep :( Just interested Angel.gif

regards,

Alexander Marx

The mathematical solvers for VNAV and LNAV predictions took more time than anything else in this project to create.
Wow, that's an interesting statement. :( I don't expect you can give info on this, but I will still try to ask. Did you get some technical info from Boeing on how the real thing does its predictions? You say it works like the real thing (which I have no doubt it does) but I wonder if you sorta 'copied' the real thing to match it as good as is gets or if you had really, I mean really, good reference docs. In case such things exist. :(sig.gif

Looking forward to the impending release. Should keep me busy for a long time.

Frankly, I'm surprised you havent quit already, based on some of the posts in these threads.

Awesome update Robert. I'm so glad to hear that VNAV is working properly and that we're getting close to release. I hope that wide beta goes smoothly and that the NGX greases her way into release. Keep up the amazing work!!!

By the way, Robert- what do you mean updates on the website? Do you mean precisionmanuals.com or here on the forums? And what would kind of updates would they be; like updates on the product page for sales info?Doesn't really matter too much but I just love hearing about NGX release prep stuff!Regards

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Amen!! +1 Don't start guys on this after the NGX is released!!

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

Michael-Yes- we are very comfortable with VNAV as it stands currently. We are still beating on it pretty heavily to find ways to break it- because that is the best way to ensure it is stable when you get it.Since you asked about whether it might be "an FSX" limitation- it is worth noting that the autopilot and flight control functionality in the NGX are 100% custom. This doesn't mean that we simply wrote a cute wrapper around the default autopilot system, it means that we are using an entirely custom autopilot, written from the ground up for this application. This is not an insignificant task, but at the end of the day it gives you a simulation that actually flies like an NG...I'm certain we will continue to tune/tweak even after release, but this is robust enough that you will not see it wandering off and doing things it shouldn't do. And yes- you can download it using whatever browser you like... :(
Robert, just out of curiosity, is the programming THAT different in the NGX compared to the FS9 NG in regard to the VNAV function? I don't know much about programming, but I would have thought you could utilise at least some of the code in the FS9 product?

Thank you very much Robert, and all the PMDG dev team. A big thank from France.:Applause:So now guys, i can tell you that it's " coming soon ". Big%20Grin.gifBest regards,

There is absolutlely ZERO code from the FS9 NG in the NGX. It was done from scratch. The FS9 one was originally released 8 years ago for FS2002...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Im running out of time to get a new computer!! Looks so amazing...

Daniel Miller

There is absolutlely ZERO code from the FS9 NG in the NGX. It was done from scratch. The FS9 one was originally released 8 years ago for FS2002...
Okay, cool. Can I ask if we will notice any differences in how VNAV mode works in the NGX compared with the FS9 NG?

Okay, cool. Can I ask if we will notice any differences in how VNAV mode works in the NGX compared with the FS9 NG?
Matthew-You will notice a significant difference between the NGX VNAV and any other product currently available on the market both in terms of capability, functionality and quality. (And our VNAV won't go wandering off altitude because you change the cost index either... LOL)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I can't tell you how excited I am over this NGX. I'm ready to buy it right now. I was wondering why you do not take pre-orders? It might lighten some of the load upon release by spreading it out, wouldn't it?Big%20Grin.gif