Sign in to follow this  
earthdog

VQPR Paro - Approach procedure

hi All!Anyone care to share how he does the approach on Rwy33 for VQPR Paro?I ahve found the chart but it describes a circle to land procedure..how you guys (whi have been there) do the straight in to rwy33?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

Thanks

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

hi All! Anyone care to share how he does the approach on Rwy33 for VQPR Paro? I ahve found the chart but it describes a circle to land procedure..how you guys (whi have been there) do the straight in to rwy33?
I have no idea if I followed the correct procedure to land on that runway, but I followed the VOR DME chart in a straight in very steep descent. That was an 'interesting' experience but I doubt this is the correct procedure to land on that runway. Based on the real videos I saw on you tube, it is always a visual approach while following the valley and not straight in. It was a lot fun fun nevertheless and I posted a video on you tube
Maurice

For Runway 33 they descend slowly through the valley of the river (from about waypoint Takti).For Runway 15 they descend directly from the Vor PRO over the airport and then circle to land. Here is Rw15 with the A319: (incredible!)

Guy

For Runway 33 they descend slowly through the valley of the river (from about waypoint Takti). Guy
There is a video on youtube done with FS9 that shows the river quite well but I have not been able to see the river in FSX. I know that the FS9 video also had extra scenery by Thai creation for that airport and that maybe the reason that the FS9 scenery shows the river otherwise I find it very strange that the FS9 scenery would be better than the FSX scenery. Anyway, following the valley with FSX is quite difficult without seeing the river as it is not always obvious where to turn. There is FSX scenery on AVSIM for Paro but it is not nearly as nice as the FS9 scenery. I find that doing a visual approach with FSX is close to impossible and certainly nowhere near what I can see in the real A319 landing on runway 15 which is quite impressive. Maurice

I find Paro also better in Fs9 then in FSX. For the descent through the valley it is good to set a series of waypoints in FSX.This way you can do it even on autopilot! But it's true, there is no comparison with reality! Guy

I find it very strange that the FS9 scenery would be better than the FSX scenery.

i have found that fs9 freeware beats fsx payware all too many times...