Sign in to follow this  
deaks2k4

CTD when clicking Attitude Indicator

Someone help....please!Recently installed my FSX onto a second HD used solely for FSX & addons.Voice Control seems to install fine but every time I loadup my 737 and click the attitude indicator, all I get is a fatal error and CTD.I’ve followed as many forum threads as I could find…allthe information seems to be in the gauges file, I done the registry check. Is there something I’m missing?Cheers in advance,Deaks

Deaks,Can you check "Event Viewer" to get more info.Also, put Flight Simulator into 'windowed mode' (alt-enter) before you load the iFly.You may have a problem with the audio engine which is usually the result of:1. Having programs that attempt to disable DRM rights from audio files... ie., TuneBite.2. Using two sound cards that somehow conflict.Also, try re-installing again. Do not click "cancel" during the install.Best,

Bryan you’re a genius! The fault coming up in the Event View was;Faulting application fsx.exe, version 10.0.61637.0, timestamp 0x46fadb14, faulting module FS2AUDIO.dll, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp0x4bb01ad3, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0004e152, process id0xef8, application start time 0x01cc3e70eb0e1971. I did have Audials One (Tunebite) installed on mymachine. I took this off and reinstalledFS2Crew and it loads up fine. Do you think it would be safe to reinstall Tunebite nowor will the audio codex still lead to the same fault. I don’t use it often so it won’t be to hardto install as-and-when I need it. Cheers for all your help, Deaks P.S. Also found this in the Event Viewer. Do you know what’s causing it and is it aproblem? Failed to create restore point on volume (Process =D:\Flight Simulator X\FS2Crew2010\Misc\DXUpdate\DXSETUP.exe SimulatorX\FS2Crew2010\Misc\DXUpdate\DXSETUP.exe" /silent; Descripton = äx6v; Hr =0x80070057). No rush on this one! Deaks

Hi Deaks,Glad you're up and running.Not sure about the audio restore point from the event log. All the FS2Crew installer does is install the DXUpdate files via the Microsoft DX installer.Regarding Tunebite, if you re-install it, make sure it's not running in the background or you're likely to get the CTD again. I can't guarantee it though as I've never tried it.FS2Crew's audio engine uses Microsoft's XACT audio system, and that Microsoft system does not like programs that attempt to circumvent Digital rights in copyright music.Cheers,