Sign in to follow this  
Morganw487

When The Golden Day Comes

Yeah, definitely make sure you know how to fly it first. I'm not saying not knowing every in and out of the aircraft, but if controllers are on, we're expecting some basic navigation proficiency....and for the record, nothing makes us wan't anti-aircraft systems more than the pilots who say "my FMC messed up."Sure it did.
I think if you know everything about the LevelD 767 and the PMDG 747-8 you can be ready to go without learning anything. I already know the 737's coskpit layout by watching many videos online.

Fair enough. To be honest, as long as you can turn and descend, that's all we really need. My point was more to say that if you have your head buried in the expanded procedures and it takes you 3 minutes to turn on your landing lights (especially switch frequencies), you might want to study up more. It wasn't to say that I don't trust your abilities. It was just a blanket statement to point it out for everyone that VATSIM is awesome to go flying with the follow NGX drivers, but it's dismal for the controllers if we're trying to vector you into and out of a busy airfield and you can't properly fly the aircraft (taking several minutes to respond falls in that category).

Kyle Rodgers

Fair enough. To be honest, as long as you can turn and descend, that's all we really need. My point was more to say that if you have your head buried in the expanded procedures and it takes you 3 minutes to turn on your landing lights (especially switch frequencies), you might want to study up more. It wasn't to say that I don't trust your abilities. It was just a blanket statement to point it out for everyone that VATSIM is awesome to go flying with the follow NGX drivers, but it's dismal for the controllers if we're trying to vector you into and out of a busy airfield and you can't properly fly the aircraft (taking several minutes to respond falls in that category).
Not to show my abilities as well :) I cannot even fly the J41 correctly. But I think the majority in here should be able to fly the NGX without learning a lot if you already own the 747. The only think that will be new is the HUD. Otherwise if you can program the FMC correctly make changes into the route, program holding patterns, etc you should be fine. Another thing is if you don't know anything about the airplane and VATSIM operations you'll have a hard time.