Sign in to follow this  
Yoda967

The NGX Experience

Thanks Ryan for answering everyones questions. Looking at the diagrams in the FCOM, and the relevant page in the QRH I see they are infact the same warning. I must say the 800/900 panel looks more modern and simpler in this area.

I like what someone said about the fly by software system, I think Ryan mentioned it somewhere
Yep that's Vangelis's term for it and it really does describe it well. We have a set of systems that sort of sit between you and FSX that make the airplane operate and feel like it should. Think of the Airbus FBW system but for fixing problems with how FSX works vs the inputs you're giving it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Yep that's Vangelis's term for it and it really does describe it well. We have a set of systems that sort of sit between you and FSX that make the airplane operate and feel like it should. Think of the Airbus FBW system but for fixing problems with how FSX works vs the inputs you're giving it.
thanks Ryan,so this will make the NGX operate like the real thing with the inputs. Are you guys going to make the same thing for other PMDG products in the future?

I'm just curious as to if a similar scenario will occur if you start with a door open on a cold -40 northern canada morning. Will things start to freeze up?

I'm just curious as to if a similar scenario will occur if you start with a door open on a cold -40 northern canada morning. Will things start to freeze up?
lol, people always want to know the worst case scenario, all I'm thinking about is flying her :(

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Interesting story...that I was able to experience in real life this past Monday. I boarded my flight out of DFW which was in excess of 100 degrees. My seat very close to the front door. During the time it took to load everyone I was making gravy like no other. Felt like i just climbed out of a pool. The air vent barely whispering a hint of cool air. It wasn't until the gear was raised that the airflow increased enough to feel it. And about 30 mins into the flight it was blowing snow, lol.glad to hear the realism modeled in this bird.

We see the duct OT in real life here in Florida as well when the weather gets extremely hot. You can even induce it in winter on the H-60 if you set the heat to high in manual mode it will kick it off with an ECS Fail light. Certaintly will be interesting having to deail with this in the simulator now as well.

Hello Kurt,If memory serves, then you are (or were) part of the team who gave us the beautiful King Air B200 for fs9?It is good to see that you are on PMDG's team.Thanks for the post. BTW, I hope that your passengers did not complain to the company about the airconditioning on board?? LOL.gif Good luck and happy landings,Wijnand Lindelauf (EHBK)(Edited for spelling).

Is the Cross Bus Tie Relay of the Electrical System modeled? Does this relay opens when the Glide slope is captured?I suspect is does...
hi Henk,yes, correctly modelled,all the bestJR

- Jane Whittaker

• For those of you thinking about using or buying an iPad for use when flying I can recommend it very much. It's great to have a check list, charts & an fmc on the iPad. It frees everything up but make the complex PMDG planes much easier & much more enjoyable. With the complexity of the new 737 it's going to be a great asset.

Hi,Like Mike said an iPad or any other tablet PC makes flying more comfortable. I plan my routes and the needed fuel before my flight. Than I open the checklists and charts. On a long trip I browse in the internet on my iPad. Best regardsJonathan

Awesome :( , Awesome :( , Awesome :( . PMDG thought in everything.

QRH = Quick Reference HandbookIt's all in the name regarding the explanation :)