Sign in to follow this  
ckukmale

Flight sim market in Sweden

I moved to Sweden a little while ago and wondered what the flight sim scene is like here.I know that in Europe that Germany has a large market and so does the UK.I wonder about Sweden though, I do know that theres some freeware publishers doing stuff for Sweden and there are scenery areas published by Aerosoft etc but retail wise in stores etc I have not seen much. Just wondered if any other people from the scandinavian countries could speak up as would be nice to see what the scene is like here.I live near Stockholm so if there are any members who are nearby it would be good to know.ThanksCraig

Not much for Sweden I'm afraid, nothing like Germany, UK or Australia. I make my own scenery by borrowing textures from various scenery packages... :( And since you now are living in Sweden, you might want to check your ID here on the AVSIM forum :(

I moved to Sweden a little while ago and wondered what the flight sim scene is like here.I know that in Europe that Germany has a large market and so does the UK.I wonder about Sweden though, I do know that theres some freeware publishers doing stuff for Sweden and there are scenery areas published by Aerosoft etc but retail wise in stores etc I have not seen much. Just wondered if any other people from the scandinavian countries could speak up as would be nice to see what the scene is like here.I live near Stockholm so if there are any members who are nearby it would be good to know.ThanksCraig

Once upon a time we had Swedflight, but there sceneries are more or less obsolete now. Most of them will not even work correctly on FSX. However, if I'm not mistaken, they are now released as freeware, and some guy has started porting (and upgrading?) them to FSX. As it is, it's been a very long time that anything was released for Sweden. There is more stuff available for Norway, however, with new sceneries being made as we speak.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I'm in Uppsala, just north of Stockholm county :( I remember Swedflight, but that was a long time ago.. FS98 - FS2000 era.It seems Sweden gets forgotten a lot, because Norway is more scenic and exotic, while continental Europe is more populous so has a much larger customer base. Last time I did any serious flying over my home country, I used TileProxy. Both Google Earth and Bing offer pretty good coverage, especially over the southern/central parts. Haven't been keeping up with TileProxy lately, so I don't even know if it's still actively developed or still works.Actually I do most of my virtual flying in other parts of the world like the PNW (with OrbX scenery) and such, simply because the availability of scenery is much greater.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

... but retail wise in stores etc I have not seen much.
You could find some items in retail stores but I'd say that in general you buy online and download since the average internet access in Sweden is rather good.

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Thanks for the replies.Regarding the post about changing my userid, No way!! lol.. Im almost at a thousands posts and its taken me nearly 10 years to get there so I am not ditching that now :( I was a member even before that and then when they changed the forums in 2002 etc and had to rejoin I was one of the first again to rejoin so this userid is staying and thats that. LOL..Its good to see some of the posters SAS263 and JimmiG for example living quite close by. Perhaps we should meet up for Fika, Uppsala is such a lovely place btw, and discuss all things flightsim.CheersCraig

Ah, fika. I can see that you´ve begun learning the swedish way of life :D

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden