Sign in to follow this  
andysim

PFE or RC4?

Ray, I have a question concerning the ATT voices. Am I correct in assuming that if I bought a German voice that all commands would be in German and not English with a German accent? I only ask because I do a lot of flying in Europe.

NAX669.png

Ray, I have a question concerning the ATT voices. Am I correct in assuming that if I bought a German voice that all commands would be in German and not English with a German accent? I only ask because I do a lot of flying in Europe.
Hi, mwilk - to help you in your inquiry - here is the address for you to listen to samples - and purchase if desired. I am quite amazed at the non-English voices (though I do not use any of them). www.nextup.comEnjoy!Best, Ray Landolt

I don't use VoxATC, but have used Text-to-Speech applications on occasion.If you try using a German voice to read out English ATC you will end up with uncomprehensible gibberish. You can demo the AT&T voices here. Just change the voice to German and let it read out an English text. You'll hear what I mean. What you need would be an English voice with German accent. Not sure if they have that on offer.By the way:The best TTS voices I have ever come across are made by a Polish company called Ivona Software. They are the best imitation of human speech I ever heard.

Alexander, I see what you mean. Thanks for the info. I'm still trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger on VoxATC. I used up the demo time a while back so I have to commit.

NAX669.png

By the way:The best TTS voices I have ever come across are made by a Polish company called Ivona Software. They are the best imitation of human speech I ever heard.
x2.Totally agree, the Best Voice pack, very clear.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

I have been trying the VoxATC in the last two days... and it is just amazing. I will buy it for sure. :(

Thanks Ray & Akila

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

i tried Voxatc but cant hear what shes saying over the engine noise on my Duke. There seems to be no way to adjust it =(.

i tried Voxatc but cant hear what shes saying over the engine noise on my Duke. There seems to be no way to adjust it =(.
in VoxATC , one of the VoxATC icons is sound settings, you could set the volume of every sound set you added.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Good morning, everyone! Ray Landolt (Blackbird) here............a couple of replies ........To Alaa - you're most welcome.......To Andrew Simmons - yes indeed, you can go into the VoxATC voice configuration (get to this from the main VoxATC Folder - use start button). Once in voice configuration - please notice that there are 2 tabs - assignments and settings. It is "settings" that you want, to control speed and volume of your voices. I find that I have to make some of these voices louder and some softer - as well as make some of them talk faster or slower. Also, the free VoxPOP voices that are filtered and have static built in, I must turn up the volume on those as well. Another possibility would be to go into FSX config and turn down your engine sounds a bit - yes, I know, then all your planes' engines will be a bit softer. One more idea: you could go into the sound files and directly edit the volume of your engine sound files (this is what I do) using a digital sound editing program (like Cool Edit Pro - which is now called something else, as it was purchased by Adobe, I believe.) This is a more complicated endeavor, and not for the "faint of heart". :Big Grin:Through the years, I have made many adjustments to the sound files of my different aircraft (flaps, landing gear, spoilers, switches on overhead panel etc, etc. I adjust them to my liking (i.e. -If I want the reversers to be louder, then I just go and make them louder. Other things I make softer - the disarming of Autopilot, for example, drives me nuts - too loud. Yes, I know, I am changing "reality" - well, it's my reality after all. Another one that drives me bonkers (sorry - I'm an old man!!) is GWPS volume - waaaay too loud (for me) - so, I edit all those "nag" files - Woop woop, pull up, pull up! Shut up!!! LOL.gif Haa haa! I turn down the volume on those.Alright - I've ranted too long - I'm sure I'm boring anyone reading this. Sorry.All best, Ray LandoltP.S. - Indeed - version 6.05 is a big update for VoxATC - MUCH better than v 5!!!

VoxATC has no button control version right? You're stuck talking to your computer with it?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Good afternoon, Ken.........Ray Landolt here."Stuck" - Hmmmmmmm.....don't know that I'd call it that. For me, that is the immersion of it. Besides, the interaction between you and VoxATC is completely script driven - what I mean - there is a text prompt on your computer screen "telling" you what to say - all along the way. Optionally, with v 6.05, you can opt to have your FO handle all the radio "chores". I do both - depends how "lazy" I feel. I guess, in the real world, the FO handles the radios normally - yes?The other big bonus (for me) - is that I do NOT have to engage MS Speech - I turn it off completely - then no chance of errors. I use a button on my CH Yoke as a PTT switch (configured from within VoxATC.)It is very easy to use - even if one has no idea what to say (for non-pilots like me). :( This alone makes this program better (for me) than RC4 - as much as I love that program - (I really do) - this is just more "pleasant" for me. The new 6.05 version is just great.All Best, Ray Landolt