Sign in to follow this  
clum

Voice recog in FSX

Hi Bryan hope you're good,Having a few teething issues after finally moving over to FSX. One is with fs2crew and voice recognition. Was initially working after installing, only the recognition was a little dodgy as I hadn't run the training yet. So after running through the MS voice training, when opening the main fs2crew panel, the "voice" button is now turned off and will not illuminate if I press it. Obviously the voice recog doesn't work either.Have tried resetting the cfg's as well as a clean install of fs2crew, but nothing seems to be able to get the voice engine going again. The only thing that changed was that I performed the Microsoft voice training sequence, so has to be related to that. Any suggestions?

Hi Bryan hope you're good,Having a few teething issues after finally moving over to FSX. One is with fs2crew and voice recognition. Was initially working after installing, only the recognition was a little dodgy as I hadn't run the training yet. So after running through the MS voice training, when opening the main fs2crew panel, the "voice" button is now turned off and will not illuminate if I press it. Obviously the voice recog doesn't work either.Have tried resetting the cfg's as well as a clean install of fs2crew, but nothing seems to be able to get the voice engine going again. The only thing that changed was that I performed the Microsoft voice training sequence, so has to be related to that. Any suggestions?
Hi Clum,Make sure your speech recognizer in the Voice Training section in the Windows Control panel is set to "English - US".I suspect you have it set to English - UK.Change it to - US.Cheers,

You suspect correctly! Windows must have reset it when I ran the training as I did have it to -US before hand. Anyway problem solved and I'm back to having conversations with my computer LOL.gif. Thanks for the help.

You suspect correctly! Windows must have reset it when I ran the training as I did have it to -US before hand. Anyway problem solved and I'm back to having conversations with my computer LOL.gif. Thanks for the help.
Happy to help!Cheers,